My Father - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Father Reviews

November 23, 2013
Drama About Father & Son
July 27, 2012
It was okay, nothing special.
September 28, 2010
cerita yg sebenarnya sangat mendukung memancing emosi penonton jadi hilang masih kurangnya pendalaman pemeran karakter sentralnya...,malah justru baru terharu pas credite title saat ada potongan2 rekaman asli James Parker bertemu dengan ayahnya...,

Not my favorite father and son movies ...!!!!!
½ November 22, 2009
I've never thought that Daniel was so superb..
Great Acting...

At the beginning, the story ran pretty fast and a little bit boring

But suddenly, in the middle, i burst into tears...
Can't hold it til the end...
And i can still feel my heart ache, still can find the tracks of my tears...
November 19, 2009
another great true story....it's very touching
September 22, 2009
This was engrossing. Warning - very sad. (worse to know it's a true story) Daniel Henney did a great job here, a big improvement over past endeavors, I'm sure. :P
½ August 23, 2009
Fantastic movie. Really strong drama since it is based in a true story. I loved the work of Daniel in this film.
½ August 15, 2009
Ah i loved this movie! It was a tearjerker but had heartwarming parts as well.I liked the fact that its a true story.Daniel Henney did an amazing job in this movie and really gave it his all.Awesome movie id watch it a few dozen times over lol
½ June 18, 2009
I LOVE IT!!!!!THIS IS A GREAAAAAAAT MOVIE. My favorite movie in this year, i guess. Daniel Henney definitely give his best performance in this film and i think everything in this movie supports this movie to give its best performance
½ June 3, 2009
the movie is a tearjerker...luv the movie
May 6, 2009
why do I always pick sad movie these days?
½ April 5, 2009
mmm, Daniel Henney. i'll be the first to admit that the only reason i watched this movie was for the gorgeous male lead. but in all honesty, it was a pretty good based-on-real-life-events movie. it was happy, it was heartbreaking, it was endearing...overall, it was very touching.

at times, the acting was a little over the top, which kind of took away from the film itself, but Daniel has begun to progress as an actor and this movie really shows that he's starting to get some good dynamic. didn't love this movie, but i liked it.
March 3, 2009
This is based on a true story of a Korean boy who was given up for adoption when he was young. His adoptive family lives in US and since then, he has been bought up in US. When he joined the US army and posted to Korea, he decided to look for his biological father. The Korean media got hold of his quest and helped him to locate his father.

Slow moving at certain parts but overall, it is quite entertaining. Daniel Henney has proved that he can act as well as modeling. Don't expect much from it as the storyline is pretty much simple.
½ December 31, 2008
LOVELY MOVIE JUST WATCHED IT ON TV ON FOREIGN MOVIE CHANNEL.. BASED ON A TRUE STORY, ABOUT JAMES WHO WAS ADOPTED AND RAISED IN THE USA BUT RETURNS TO KOREA TO LOOK FOR HIS PARENTS... MUM DIED AFTER HIS BRTH AND DAD SERVING TIME IN PRISON.... VERY TOUCHING MOVING STORY.
½ October 15, 2008
t's amazing how someone actually went through this kind of thing.daniel henney's acting skill is excellent and super duper maximo!!
when someone's sacrifise himself for other, its really touchy!!
October 13, 2008
Amazing film based on a true story!
September 18, 2008
I just LOVE it. D.H's acting is proving more and more! so toching! his tears made me cry.:( and kim yung chul's mature acting skills were so great. love it <3
½ August 16, 2008
it's amazing how someone actually went through this kind of thing. very touching. daniel henney's acting skill is excellent.
½ August 9, 2008
it is based on a true story. very touching at some point! Daniel proved that he has more than just a pretty face!!
July 27, 2008
my favorit part was during the credits when they showed a video of the father and son which the movie was based on.