My Name Is Fame (Ngor yiu sing ming) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Name Is Fame (Ngor yiu sing ming) Reviews

October 18, 2012
A smart fun film about the film industry and an actor whose star is falling. He takes to mentoring a young actress. Ching Wan Lau struts scruffy-cool all the way through, good enough to make this seem like it's really about him. Siyan Huo, as the mentored one, portrays good character arc from naive and quirky to strong-willed and independent. Good performances and good writing elevate this above simple cynical insider display.
September 5, 2010
i believe this is story of lots of nobody - the way it shows how an actor strives to be part of the industry. To be famous/successful is never easy, in every industry
½ August 14, 2010
"???????????主????????"
½ March 10, 2010
Superb!
I saw a lot of my negative flaws reflected in Lau Ching Wan's character. This is the sort of film that makes you wanna be a better person.
alanjayh
February 23, 2010
one of my fave movies after just watching it...this movie is so good..so rich...touching, bittersweet, with some brilliant scenes I started tearing up, they were so good. Watch for the voice inflections, the nuances by the 2 leads, the glances, facial expressions..the dialogue interplay and what isnt said but expressed...its artful. Ching Wan Lau is my favorite hk actor and this is one of his masterpieces to be sure..I cant say enough about this movie..the ending does leave you wishing for more..it does leave you hanging:)
December 26, 2009
Imagine the Hong Kong version of Bowfinger, with a young girl trying to make it big in the filming industry. Lau Ching Wan does a good job in the movie as the out-of-luck acting veteran trying to steer the young starlet away from the evils of the Hong Kong films. It's light hearted, but at the same time, exposes some insight on how hard it is to "make it" in Hong Kong. Good for a saturday afternoon.
December 8, 2009
yuen sai sung is one of the best script writter in hk!
½ November 16, 2009
I have to admit it I never interested to watch it. Even Mr. Lau is my favourite actor, the poster and its name turned me off. But it is a very good movie. The story is not surprising but both actor and actoress performed very good and everything is so touching.
June 28, 2009
This film was made for Lau Ching Wan.
½ September 11, 2008
some noticeable plot holes, but who cares. this was highly enjoyable.
August 9, 2008
my name is fame is one of the best movies i've ever seen!! mirroring ching wan's career it features an introspective of himself and the hk film industry. siyan huo is soo cute and HOT! (; very inspirational film with an exceptional ending!!
August 9, 2008
English title is: "My Name is Fame". This film won Lau Ching Wan the best actor award after many, many tries. Well deserved.
August 9, 2008
?度???左!! ??????????????影?, ,?????????????????????????, ??????覺??????????幾好, ??????實好簡?, ?????d細??幾令人????~
August 9, 2008
Intelligent and interesting to watch. Sean Lau does an amazing job.
August 9, 2008
Very interesting film about a man that starts off big in the profession, slumps down to the bottom, and jumps right back up again. Ching Wan executes the role with such excellence that he deserves that Golden Horse and indeed he got it.
August 9, 2008
Very well portray of Hong Kong entertainment industry. The best twist of the movie is that it doesn't have an ending but the ending actually happened in real life...
½ July 31, 2008
i was pretty surprised at how good this was
½ July 22, 2008
Lau Ching Wan turns in one of the best performances in his career in this one. The movie sorta mirrors his career at the time so the role fits him perfectly. It also has a statement about the crappiness of the HK film and TV industry. Recommended to those who pay attention to the HK TV/film industry and TVB shows.
July 20, 2008
Simple good story... strong performance by Lau Ching Wang... good directing... smooth and good rhythm...
½ July 19, 2008
For me, this is a very touching movie...
You will feel alot if you are expose to production industry....
This is not the best performance by Lau Ching Wan, but still good enough for him to "earn" the best actor award....