My Name Is Fame (Ngor yiu sing ming) Reviews

• Oct 18, 2012

A smart fun film about the film industry and an actor whose star is falling. He takes to mentoring a young actress. Ching Wan Lau struts scruffy-cool all the way through, good enough to make this seem like it's really about him. Siyan Huo, as the mentored one, portrays good character arc from naive and quirky to strong-willed and independent. Good performances and good writing elevate this above simple cynical insider display.

• Sep 05, 2010

i believe this is story of lots of nobody - the way it shows how an actor strives to be part of the industry. To be famous/successful is never easy, in every industry

• Aug 14, 2010

"呢個世界上係無分主角同埋配角"

"呢個世界上係無分主角同埋配角"

• Mar 09, 2010

Superb! I saw a lot of my negative flaws reflected in Lau Ching Wan's character. This is the sort of film that makes you wanna be a better person.

• alan j Super Reviewer
    Feb 01, 2010

one of my fave movies after just watching it...this movie is so good..so rich...touching, bittersweet, with some brilliant scenes I started tearing up, they were so good. Watch for the voice inflections, the nuances by the 2 leads, the glances, facial expressions..the dialogue interplay and what isnt said but expressed...its artful. Ching Wan Lau is my favorite hk actor and this is one of his masterpieces to be sure..I cant say enough about this movie..the ending does leave you wishing for more..it does leave you hanging:)

• Dec 26, 2009

Imagine the Hong Kong version of Bowfinger, with a young girl trying to make it big in the filming industry. Lau Ching Wan does a good job in the movie as the out-of-luck acting veteran trying to steer the young starlet away from the evils of the Hong Kong films. It's light hearted, but at the same time, exposes some insight on how hard it is to "make it" in Hong Kong. Good for a saturday afternoon.

• Dec 08, 2009

yuen sai sung is one of the best script writter in hk!

yuen sai sung is one of the best script writter in hk!

• Nov 16, 2009

I have to admit it I never interested to watch it. Even Mr. Lau is my favourite actor, the poster and its name turned me off. But it is a very good movie. The story is not surprising but both actor and actoress performed very good and everything is so touching.

• Jun 28, 2009

This film was made for Lau Ching Wan.

This film was made for Lau Ching Wan.

• Sep 11, 2008

some noticeable plot holes, but who cares. this was highly enjoyable.

some noticeable plot holes, but who cares. this was highly enjoyable.