My Rainy Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Rainy Days Reviews

November 7, 2015
I'd say this is one of the best Japanese love stories. Genuinely Kawaii!
August 18, 2013
This movie is better than A Walk To Remember.
must watch movie, recommend to everyone.
March 5, 2012
Romance overloaded. Enjoyed it.
February 4, 2012
Different story backdrop, same old plot lines.
January 29, 2012
Japanese teen flick.
December 26, 2011
Less sappy than I expected with nice cinematography and decent character development.
A bit melodramatic at times, but completely forgivable.
December 6, 2011
A story about a high school girl whose photos get mixed with a professor with the same surname as hers. The professor who is already in his mid 30's is fatally ill and lacks love and happiness in his life until this sweet and sassy high school girl gets interested in him and persistantly wants to spend time with him. The girl has gone through hard time in her early teenage years and she dates elder men to get money for her luxurious clothes.
June 26, 2011
I really liked this film. Cute without being too cliche.
April 7, 2011
Nanaki is sooooooooo pretty!!! Base on this I'll give it 3 star!!
January 6, 2011
此<-譯??"My Rainy Days" 1/4 1/4"--??" (C) 1/2乴 1/4 1/4,- (R)?交> 1/2,? 1/2起???太樣 1/4?? (C)- 1/4屬?"?...
December 27, 2010
A traditional Japanese love movie for teenages, but the story is touching and fluent. What is love? Accept him/her for 100%, go fot it young man!!
December 23, 2010
14, 17, 18, it's the memories that counts.

Rio Ozawa, a manipulitive and selfish schoolgirl meets an anti-social and apathetic man named Kouki Ozama. Their surnames names might be the same, but that is where all similarities come to and end. Rio doesn't believe in love, and Kouki's time is running out. Yet a few chance (fateful?) encouters brings them together.

Although the film may seem a little confusing at the start, it certainly redeems itself and quickly dusts itself into a well-polished film. I'd like to think of it as a artistic sort of film, why? Because every scene captures the emotions running through each character perfectly (take note the use of bokeh). It's like viewing a million photographs, with each capturing a different mood. The emotions would mean little if it weren't for the two leads (Nozomi Sasaki and Shôsuke Tanihara), who each did a great job portraying their "broken" characters. Character building must be commended, the unique backgrounds of the two characters are so fascinating that it could both have a film of it's own! Of course, there is the cliche moments where the director seems to belt out "love conquers all" and somehow inserts it into a delicate scene. Ah well, then again without the mushy scenes, My Rainy Days would be stuck in a single gear... so I guess it works both ways.
November 25, 2010
Generic plot, expected twists and story line, spiky pacing with unnecessarily long scenes, over the top Japanese drama and full and bad acting.
Yes, Nozomi Sasaki is so attractive that in her close up shots you want to pinch her face on your 60" LED TV but that is not what brings an emotional feeling to your heart.
This movie is about the scenes that make you feel "setsunai" (hard to explain in english, but somewhat translates to the feeling of bittersweet in remembrance of pleasant memories.)
Nozomi Sasaki will remind you of what it feels like to fall in love.
November 21, 2010
she is too beautiful to touch every audience's heart, it is a very traditional japanese love movie...
November 5, 2010
A familiar love story involving 2 sad intertwining characters. The fact the movie consisted of pretty anime girls especially the gorgeous cutesy lead Nozomi Sasaki, was enough to sit me thru. Overall, nicely paced and pieced together.
½ October 25, 2010
this movie's like armageddon in that they pile on the worst cliche-ridden drama they can in 2hrs! so unbelievable unr- ealistic, can they be anymore melodramatic? but it is shot beautifully with stunning gorgeous actress nozomi sasaki.
½ October 23, 2010
? 1/2?~? 1/2? 1/2?... 1/4 1/4" 1/2,~失>>,
October 16, 2010
the Chinese name mislead the audiences into an erotic Jap film about young prostitutes. in fact, it is not, it is an absolute love story, and a hard one. It is a cross-generation love and the director plays the relationship about ages, time, and memories very well. you may not agree with their love, but you will get into their story eventually. the film has an unexpected and meaningful ending, I only think it is a bit over.
September 2, 2010
??????????實????麼樣???谷??大????幾段????????滿????????頭????精緻????????PS:????衣??好?亮~\(???)/~