My Awkward Sexual Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Awkward Sexual Adventure Reviews

May 25, 2016
A few funny punches here & there, that's all.
January 15, 2016
There were some funny parts but for the most part you just want to throttle the main character for being such an idiot the whole time. Also, it was filmed here in Winnipeg so locals get the double laugh of seeing all the places they tried to pass off as Toronto.
November 22, 2015
Best Canadian flick in a while. Lots of laughs.
½ July 9, 2015
Not so funny but not so bad
June 9, 2015
entertaning and very different
½ May 25, 2015
It resembles as a T.V. movie and it's bad.
May 18, 2015
It was a very good movie
½ April 12, 2015
one of the worst movies I have actually managed to finish
April 3, 2015
If you can overlook the typical flaws found in the main characters, this has some genuinely funny moments that will carry you through to the climax. See what I did there? ;)
½ March 18, 2015
I thought this film was going to be "OK" but it was pretty good! It has some funny parts, the story makes sense, and the acting was pretty good. It was a fun watch...are there better movies in this genre? Of course! But it was still pretty solid overall, a nice pleasant surprise.
August 11, 2014
Great Movie.....if your into the nerd meet Stripper love story....Had wrote something like this back in the day when I was a nerd
July 12, 2014
Very good film well thought out like most other films you can guess what's going to happen in the end but still enjoyed it and is very funny
June 29, 2014
I'll never look at cantaloupe the same again... a naughty and entertaining romp ;)
½ May 8, 2014
For a Canadian comedy set & shot in Toronto, I was surprised to find myself laughing and enjoying the film. It has a very "Canadian" feel but is pretty amusing with a good premise. Give it a try if feeling adventurous!
May 3, 2014
Interesting and very funny !
½ April 18, 2014
I've seen this twice and it still seems like a very funny film about people who cannot or who are scared to express who they are and what they want.
It skirts ordinary life in the way only the self absorbed can manage and thus gets a high mark from me.
½ January 24, 2014
It was a very fair movie. The concept and idea was good, but they really could have executed it better with some more laughs involved. It became too crude with some necessarily over the top scenes where they just weren't needed. In general it just tried way too hard.
½ December 9, 2013
I loved this movie from beginning to end. Great story indeed! Lots of laughs !!
December 8, 2013
Oh, Canada! Let me tell you something. You can make your cute rom-coms, but you can't go with that title! Americans like their sexual comedy hidden within the script, not thrown out in the open with a title! This movie has some serious flaws and that's a shame because it also has some pretty decent stuff.

I once rented YPF...I'm not going to spell out the full title, but that's how it got by in America. It was actually a pretty great flick about relationships. So the cover and title of this movie are very suggestive, but there's not even that much nudity in the movie. Had the writers taken the film a little more seriously, it could have been quite a gem as Emily Hampshire nails her role, and Chernick was solid, but only at the very end.

Basically, his character is without a psychopath. He proposes, she breaks up because he's no good in bed. As the story plays out, a different picture is painted with her. But he goes off and meets a stripper. He, an accountant, straightens out her finances in exchange for some confidence building, ahem, personality and sexual-wise. Truly, it's not that bad.

The weakness of the movie lies in the weakness of the characters...maybe. To the viewer, the picture is crystal clear. To Chernick, it's not so much. He keeps going back to the psychopath, at the cost of his new relationship with Julia. That's as far as I'll go with the storyline. If they take that a little more seriously...flesh it out a little and make it just a bit more believable, you've got a nice drama. Instead, it's just a bit too cheeky to take seriously.

Finally, the ending is nice. His man-slut character lays out a pretty solid line and discovers something. Again, a little unbelievable what happens there but not a bad concept. Just lazily written because it's not a serious movie. And there is some catharsis with the lead characters as well. It's just really unfortunate they went with that title, that cover, and basically made the movie as light as the poster. Even then, it's not terrible.
November 28, 2013
This movie is full of horribly awkward situations as the title promises. You definitely feel embarrassed for this poor guy more than once, but in the end everything is going his way.