My Beautiful Girl, Mari - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Beautiful Girl, Mari Reviews

March 23, 2008
It is just beautiful.. i didn't know what the storyline was duh!! but can't say its crap.. itz soo nice watching the animation only.. its too beautiful
March 4, 2008
It's age-old but still fresh, light but still deep in a simple and luminous way. Great animation movie! It made me reconnect to the child that I was and probably still is in a way... And no, it's not Miyazaki!
January 4, 2008
This is a beautiful, subtle, and nuanced film about a boy's troubled summer. The art is fabulous: it's quite stylized and gives one a great feeling for setting. Overall, the movie is tremendously evocative for patient viewers. Although grouped under the genre "anime," this is a gorgeous art film with landscapes slightly reminiscent of Miazaki and character development like that of any non-animated film; it's perfect for older, more mature viewers.
½ December 25, 2007
connu en france ss le nom de Mari Iyagi, ce manga coreene est vrament trop cool. Tout en legereté il donne un peu l'impression de manger un nuage !! et oui ..
November 8, 2007
One of my favorites, excellent animation and a pleasant mood.
October 5, 2007
disappointing and unmoving despite the unique art style. bad character development.
September 27, 2007
I really liked this. Mainly because the design is so strange, but it also has some really eerie symbolism that seemed to strike a chord with me.
½ September 17, 2007
Not sure what I'm most disappointed in: The mundane storyline (sans any appreciable climax), the generally unlikeable leads or the Flash movie vector art animation. Ultimately forgettable. For great family-friendly fantasy fare (whew!) - anime style ...(read more)- check out Hayao Miyazaki's library. Nice cat animations, though.
July 28, 2007
I loved it! It was a sweet movie about the innocence of childhood and loyalty to friends, and it had such a surreal, dreamlike state to it.

Also, the animation in this movie is fantastic! It was so accurate, the animators really paid attention to fine detail in this movie, I felt at times like I was really looking at Korea, it reminded me so much of when I used to live there.
½ July 13, 2007
Not spectacular in any sense, but still very pleasant and thoughtful view on adulthood.
July 9, 2007
there's something about korea!
June 21, 2007
Interesting animation style, but lacking in story.
½ June 18, 2007
Not sure what I'm most disappointed in: The mundane storyline (sans any appreciable climax), the generally unlikeable leads or the Flash movie vector art animation. Ultimately forgettable. For great family-friendly fantasy fare (whew!) - anime style - check out Hayao Miyazaki's library. Nice cat animations, though.
June 10, 2007
Didn't really like it too much.
½ June 9, 2007
beautiful edgeless fantasy
June 8, 2007
This is a wonderful animated movie! The animation is just so beautiful. The story was also very touching. We bought it without even seeing it first, just on reviews and we were not disappointed! :D The music in it is also fantastic!
June 7, 2007
This is an overlooked gem. It is one of the most beautiful movies ever made. This movie almost brought me to tears near the end.
June 7, 2007
beautiful animation, the story is a little slow but it's very good.