My Best Friend Is a Vampire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Best Friend Is a Vampire Reviews

February 14, 2015
Might get another half-star if I saw it again. The "Future's So Bright, Gotta Wear Shades" scene was pretty funny.
August 3, 2014
Horror comedies tend to be hard to pull off, finding the right amount of horror and comedic elements to make the film work can be tricky, but My Best Friend is a Vampire manages to pull off both elements quite well, and the result is An entertaining feature that boasts a good cast, with an entertaining story and whimsical performances that make this film standout among other such horror comedies. Like Fright Night, the film uses vampires in order to create the horror aspect, but the filmmakers add some fun, entertaining and worthwhile aspects to the script to make this a thoroughly engaging film experience. I really enjoyed the film and this film is well worth seeing if you enjoy the genre. My Best Friend is a Vampire is a well thought out affair, one that should be cherished by genre fans. If you enjoy vampire films with good comedic elements, then this is well worth your time. My Best Friend is a Vampire works quite well as a film that manages to bring horror and comedy into one film, and it's a film that is well worth seeing if you enjoy the genre. Ian terms of vampire films, this is an overlooked film, one that deserves to be seen again due to its interesting idea and comedic elements. My Best Friend is a Vampire is a fun film, one that will surely be appreciated by genre fans due to its comedic content, and original spin on the classic vampire formula. The result works quite well, and this is a fun, entertaining film well worth your time.
June 23, 2014
Another teen sex comedy with some horror elements. A high school student moonlights as a delivery-boy. He makes a delivery to the house of a sexy older woman who happens to be vampire Countess. Not very entertaining, despite a few funny moments; on par with the similarly-themed Once Bitten.
½ August 5, 2013
Entertaining enough 80s cheese but the ending is very rushed.
½ January 30, 2013
It was okay it reminded me of Buffy the Vampire slayer and Teen Wolf. A cute 80's movie.
½ January 7, 2013
This film belongs among the cult classics such as buffy the vampire slayer, although this one stays true the whole film.
December 25, 2012
I liked it when it came out and I still find it funny. Now that I am older its funny in a campy way but when I was young this movie ruled.
December 16, 2012
The teen romantic vampire movie craze of the 80's peaked with this one--School, girls, parents and... fangs!!
½ August 28, 2012
I kinda dug my first watch of this one, especially since the newly made vampire decides to try to cope with his condition instead of trying to figure out a cure he just tries to make the best of things and stay ahead of an overzealous vampire hunter.

Worth a rental.
August 24, 2012
It's not the best vampire movie, but you know what? It's pretty addicting. I have a huge love of vampires (ever since reading and seeing the almighty Dracula) and as many times as I've seen it, as corny as I know it is, I still love it! It has that nice mix of horror and comedy that was just right for my tender age of 7 when I first saw this. It's one that will remain in my personal collection.
June 15, 2012
I own this, fun to watch ever so often. Just one of those fun 80's movies that you can enjoy.
March 18, 2012
A gem from he eighties that many have be looked. A bit dated but at times very funny. Difficult to get hold of but I found cheap on a four film collection at Kmart.
½ February 26, 2012
I loved this when I was a teen and had to let my girls watch it. Great comedy.
October 22, 2011
Fun in a buddy flick sense, lacking in the horror special fx production dept. If Ferris Bueller was a comedic vampire flick, this would have been it.
August 15, 2011
Awwww so cool i love this movie.
June 7, 2011
Wheni was around 6 or 7 I saw this movie and the movie "Once Bitten" and i loved them both but i like this one better. Then about 4 years later I totally forgot about them........Then I was at walmart one day and there was this one DVD shelf and it said above it " The Lost Collection"..."The Best Movies You Totally Forgot About" I looked below and there it was this movie and Once bitten..I was so happy but I only had enough money to get 1 so of course I chose this one....
½ March 6, 2011
This isn't the best of the teen vampire movies of the 80s or anything, but personally I loved it, it's fun, exciting, and funny. It's the perfect 80s entertainment, plus it's a vampire movie, so enjoy it.
January 15, 2011
This is pretty much exactly what I expected- cheesy, pre-Buffy teen vampire comedy. But I love Robert Sean Leonard, so this was definitely worth sitting through. It's nothing I haven't seen a million times, and the cheese is overpowering, but it's fun anyway.
½ December 8, 2010
This movie was pretty funny. I love vampire movies and my bff told me about this movie. we watched it for one of our movie nights and I loved it. I still can't believe that is Dr. Wilson!