My Blueberry Nights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Blueberry Nights Reviews

August 26, 2013
Boring and uninspiring. Norah Jones needs to stick with singing.
½ August 21, 2013
There are really strong performances by all involved, but especially by David Strathairn and Rachel Weisz as the wounded, acerbic, drunken couple. The rest of the movie, in comparison to their performances alone, is tame, lackluster, and tiresome, but not a total failure. Just a mild curiosity.
½ August 17, 2013
Though packed w/ vivider WKW's directing style than ever, My Blueberry Nights in other hand lacks emotional depth and provoking moments.
July 26, 2013
cant wait for the next my favourite's director movie..Wong Kar Wai...
½ July 22, 2013
An interesting film with a great premise, good acting, and it's beautiful to look at. The scenes with Jude Law are the best, but I found most of the rest of the film to be underwritten and a bit underwhelming. Worth checking out though, but mostly just for Wong Kar Wai fans.
July 9, 2013
It's hard to believe that this generic film was directed by Wong Kar-Wai.
June 14, 2013
The title of this movie is really Norah Jones in a Café.
½ May 18, 2013
a dreamy film, with beautiful lighting and soft comforting performances.
May 15, 2013
Easy on the eyes, hollow on the script
May 11, 2013
A sensitive and poetic gem, full of honesty and simplicity. Norah Jones is stunningly charming, and her co-stars are all excellent, with special kudos to Strathairn, Weisz and Portman, who all shine in their respective secondary roles.
½ April 23, 2013
Maximum beautiful images. Darius Khondji was the perfect and only choice to replace Christopher Doyle in a Wong Kar Wai film. Critics didn't buy Norah Jones as the lead, but I see the genius of this casting -- she's an inexperienced actress playing an unworldy young girl -- of course it had to be someone like her. And she has Faye Wong's eyes and soft face. This is like Fallen Angels done a decade later except the opposite soul behind it - light instead of dark. It's his most at-peace work since Chungking Express. But forget that stuff. This is a contemplative adventure film for those of us who like philosophy and the exploration of ourselves and the fleeting connections we make with others.
½ April 20, 2013
I watched it for one line.... it turned out it was the only line that mattered... I was disappointed
April 6, 2013
Although a bit slow at times, I enjoyed the story and all of the actors. I thought Wong Kar Wai did a very good job with this small gem. Its worth seeing.
March 18, 2013
Casting, pictures and songs are great.
½ March 18, 2013
(2007/?/?) Love the song
½ February 21, 2013
I just liked it.
no stimulated one for someone. but its because he has seen tooo much sweety super salty movies. sometimes, blend flavour is good enough.
½ January 24, 2013
It's colorful has a great soundtrack it just doesn't have the feeling of wongs other movies. It seems wwks style was lost in translation with the actors. It still has great dialogue the keys and the pie discussions. It's just messing the feeling and a solid plot.
January 20, 2013
Lovely (*with Jude Law's English accent*)!
December 30, 2012
Slow-paced is an understatement. Nothing really happens in this movie.
If it were supposed to be a love story, then maybe one kiss at the very end of the movie was thought to make this movie that.
I usually like Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz. The music by Norah Jones was cool. That's pretty much all there was to it. I couldn't see a story in there, but perhaps the story was somewhere there between the lines?
I was too bored to listen to what people were talking, however.
Great actors in this movie, which, however well cast, had me feel like I was repeatedly lulled asleep with two people talking to each other about something really boring, and then woken up by Norah Jones' beautiful music. In other words: Had there been anything but talk, I might had liked this movie. You need more than blueberry pies and beautiful women to make a film. Although, that's a great start.
December 22, 2012
Nora was not what I expected... but hey she was up again Natalie.... she is amazing. Tough crowd. I did however watch Jude Law kiss Nora in the last scene about 26 times. That was a hot f'ing kiss. Yummmmm.