My Country, My Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Country, My Country Reviews

½ August 24, 2015
This should be required viewing for all who call themselves Americans. Perhaps the single most important piece of cinema of my generation.
March 14, 2015
Shocking. Americans should see this movie. Onligatorisch !!
February 27, 2015
Important and insightful peek into post 9/11 Iraqi.
½ January 31, 2015
Sobering reminder of the events before the 2005 forced election in Iraq and demonstrates how miserably we failed, the hubris of those involved on the ground, in staging this farce of a "show" which the whole world watched and now spit in contempt. And because of this film, Laura Poitras was marked by the US govt & if it weren't for this, we probably would not have had Snowden today.
March 25, 2014
very interesting info on the Iraqi elections from their point of view, I can't imagine what they went through.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
June 12, 2010
I think every American needs to see this movie
½ February 25, 2010
A clear, unencumbered look into the process of electing a government under occupation, this documentary also captures the deep psychological toll due to the absurdities of participating in a forced 'democracy', while living under the constant threat of death.
March 31, 2009
An interesting look at a countries fight to find itself and it's independence even in the face of intense violence and occupation.
January 1, 2009
What really got my family when we watched it was how funny and sarcastic the doctor's family was. How people go on with their daily lives when war is right outside their doors is unfathomable.
October 12, 2008
felt more informed about the politics of Iraq. Also the film illustrated the role of the contractors in the set up of the polling stations.
September 14, 2008
I enjoyed how the filmmaker truly just observed and didn't really inject any opinion or politics into this. It's depressing to watch, however, because we were lied into going there, but once we got there (and continue to be) we really have done nothing to improve these people's lives and some sham elections don't count.
August 30, 2008
Fascinating, and at times intense and absurd, My Country My Country is a good film but not a remarkable look into the first taste of democracy in Iraq.
½ July 30, 2008
A must see for all. Hard to watch, frustrating, ultimately a very important film. I thought the quality of the documentary was pretty fair overall.
½ July 17, 2008
An informative depiction of the election in Iraq, but it was a bit of a boring documentary.
April 7, 2008
An insightful look at the state of Iraq during the election in 2005.
April 3, 2008
astonishing and heartbreaking
½ February 29, 2008
Fascinating look at the 2005 Iraq elections through the eyes of a Sunni doctor and his family
February 8, 2008
One of the most depressing and thought-provoking documentaries I have seen. Simply put: historic!
½ January 24, 2008
Please watch this movie before you decide who you want to vote for...