My Dog Skip - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Dog Skip Reviews

½ January 7, 2018
would entertain its target audience but is totally vanilla in every way and doesn't have much for the adults that would have to watch it alongside their kids, especially if the adult isn't a fan of dogs, like me
July 23, 2017
A wonderful film about a boy and his dog . Their adventures take you through laughter, tears, and smiles all around.
December 22, 2016
Only saw the end and fricken hated it. Leaving the dog behind. Ffs.
September 4, 2016
"My Dog Skip" is an unforgettable classic! This family film will delight animal lovers, children and adults, and lovers of movies with a good story and likeable characters. But beware, it could turn into a real tear-jerker at the end.
½ August 12, 2015
Another really fucked up show children should NEVER watch
May 22, 2015
If there's one movie that makes me BALL MY EYES OUT it's My Dog Skip. I can't watch it. It's very sweet, but I can't watch it!!! Too sad. Way way WAYYYY too sad. The biggest tearjerker I've ever seen.
May 16, 2015
best movie about the bond between a boy and his dog really shows why dog is man's best friend
March 2, 2015
My Dog Skip: A wonderfully corny, simple, heartwarming true story about a socially awkward boy who blossoms when he gets his first friend: a sweet, personality-filled Jack Russell Terrier named Skip. Everything about this movie, from the terrific casting of Frankie Munoz, Diane Lane and Kevin Bacon, to the nostalgic slice of 1940s Americana and the tears-inducing score, is top notch. One of my favorites. A+
January 29, 2015
Frankie Muniz holds his own while the story gives you a severe kick in the teeth towards the end. Full review later.
August 26, 2014
A sappy and overly nostalgic piece of mush.
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Spring 2000 in theaters)
June 8, 2014
It's a film overcome with sentimentality and tear-jerking scenes that kind of make this film more depressing for a family film.
½ June 8, 2014
an absolutely perfect telling of a story about a growing boy and his dog.
½ May 23, 2014
I had heard this was a sad movie but I had my doubts. Naturally, I will compare it to Hachi, the quintessential sad movie that also happens to be a dog story. It doesn't compare to dear Hachi, but it still packs a punch.

The movie romances terribly 1940s Mississippi. Everyone is a friend and you can just sit back and enjoy life all day. Unlikely. But the story of the dog is okay, and if you've ever had a pet, or a girl, or just like animals in general, you can probably relate.

It gets real sad at the baseball game. There is a really low-budget, quite odd movie with a popular actor. His character has a chicken as a friend. One day, I guess to impress these bullies/and or prove the chicken meant nothing to him, he bit its head off in front of them. As crazy as that movie was, that scene hit really hard because you know of the regret to follow. It's the same with the baseball scene in this movie.

Yadda yadda, of course it's a popular kids movie so you're not going to have any real crazy endings. You might, instead, have a pretty lame line to end it. But still, other than that, quite effective. I wouldn't have wanted to watch this for a first time at the movies if ya know what I mean.
May 3, 2014
Good lighthearted movie with an awesome smart dog in the cast !
½ April 18, 2014
Just a sad movie, I barely remember watching this, but I remember how sad it was. But this movie is also heartwarming and luckily, not too sentimental with the story.
March 13, 2014
Not a great film, but a decent one.
½ January 26, 2014
Good family movie and interesting story based on a true story and the life of Willie Morris
December 14, 2013
I remember when this movie was being advertised. This was when Frankie Muniz was cool and every girl fantasized about Nsync or loved Brittany Spears (before the issues). But I don't want to see this because its been out for a while and I just don't know if I should.
December 10, 2013