My Dream Is Yours - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Dream Is Yours Reviews

April 2, 2012
everyone including bugs & tweety show up in this technicolour musical
February 9, 2010
A completely adequate variation on "A Star Is Born", with a few notable qualities. One, it's nice to see Doris Day in a movie where she isn't constantly made out to be a prudish spinster and she actually has a rational person's hairdo. Two, there's a bizarre and completely gratuitous Easter musical number that mixes animation and live action so Bugs Bunny can make a cameo.
January 31, 2009
One of the most dull, and uninteresting musicals I've ever seen. I thought it was impossible for any musical to be boring, but this film proved me wrong. It has it's moments but overall, it is completely pointless. I realized halfway through the film that I could not care less about any of these drab characters and whether or not they succeeded in the end.

It's pointlessly overlong and I felt like it would never end.

The best part about this movie besides Bugs Bunny was the end, because that meant I could leave.
½ January 31, 2009
My Dream is Yours is one of those problematic movies that has all the right elements lined up but somehow forgot to get a decent script. Doris Day is cute and charming as the widow with an impossibly cute child (trust me, the kid steals the show), but her character has no backbone. The ending feels as rushed as can be and it ends with one of the silliest lines I've ever heard. Some of the music is good and it has a really neat, but pointless, animated dream sequence with the child dreaming about Bugs Bunny. All in all, My Dream is Yours will be remembered as a forgettable semi-musical with some good performances, but little else to keep it from running out of steam. Not really worth your time.
January 27, 2009
Charming, breezy musical, Doris' second film, in some ways a retelling of her rise. Purportedly the basis for Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Eve Arden is priceless as always as the faithful, glamorous sidekick.
September 20, 2008
I loved this movie, because it was sheer, delightful entertainment. It was post-World War 2 and what the movie-going audience seemed to be "eating up" during that time in our history. First of all, it had a wonderful look to it - the sunny southern California locale, handsome co-star, Lee Bowman and romantic not-so-handsome co-star, Jack Carson. The story has some dark undertones when Doris Day finds herself duped into believing the object of her desire is nothing more than an egotistical, spotlight-grabbing, soon-to-be "has-been". However, the songs are bright and beautiful and Doris Day has never had a better showcase for her talent. This movie will take you away to an innocent time, if only for a little while.
August 25, 2008
Just watched it cause of the Bugs Bunny cameo. It wasn't all that bad.
½ August 10, 2008
typical light weight fluff
December 30, 2007
Day's second starring role, and a decent musical about a aspiring singer making good.