My Ex-Ex Reviews

• Oct 13, 2020

Could only get halfway through, wish I could get that time back, this movie should not exist, if I could give negative stars for it I would! Sooooo bad!

• Apr 28, 2020

This movie tried to be edgy which got a few laughs however there was no real character development with anyone in this movie. It was just a bunch of bad people saying edgy stuff. The main guy spends the last half of the movie "growing" rather than IDK 80% of the movie like a typical movie. This movie can't figure out if it's a love story or one of those redemption movies. The side characters had just as much personality as a cardboard box that got smashed. Flat ...some funny moments but meh

• Sep 26, 2019

My Ex-Ex is not your average "rom-com." While it does have those elements, it just didn't quite fit the mold. Then again, I might be older than it's target demographic (young 20-somethings). There is sexual situations, drug and alcohol use in this film. I could have done without all of that. The story would have been just as good without it. I'm not a "prude" by any means, but I don't think films need to go that route. Movies can be just as good without going in that direction.

• Oct 20, 2018

It's like the person who wrote this has never met a human woman. Every character is an unlikable stereotype with no personality, which makes it hard to care about the cliché "nice guy" plot.

• Oct 17, 2018

...dont waste your time. Watch something better.

...dont waste your time. Watch something better.

• Aug 21, 2015

The cinematography was great and there were some really funny moments. Much of the dialogue was ad-libbed and works well. The cast has great chemistry.

• Jul 16, 2015

My Ex-Ex is the new Canadian romantic comedy written by and starring André Bharti. Set in Toronto, My Ex-Ex is the story of Mary and her quest for the right man and right love. Unrequited love is a common theme in the Romcom genre, however, Bharti's script is able to approach the subject in a fairly new, pretty engaging way. The movie is both endearing and witty. Canadian actress Katherine Barell plays the female lead, Mary. Barell's portrayal of the lovesick Mary centres the movie and allows the other characters the opportunity to showcase their quirky and larger than life personalities. Mary begins the movie sure that the relationship she is in with Ted is heading for marriage. However, Ted, a cut-throat business type, has different plans and ends the relationship instead of proposing, which breaks Mary's heart. Ted then suggests meal options to a shocked Mary. Mary sinks into a deep depression, fueled by binge watching TV and eating cartons of ice cream. Friends Sandra and Becky try to lift Mary from her funk and suggest she see a psychic. A reluctant Mary agrees. The three ladies visit Psychic Mona Lisa, played by Luba Goy. The psychic is sure she can reconnect Mary with her ex for 50 bucks. One problem, Mary doesn't specify which ex she wants back. Unaware of the blunder, Mary awaits for her reunion with Ted. However, a chance encounter with her college ex, Patrick, complicates Mary's plans. We quickly learn that unrequited love isn't unique to Mary's situation with Ted, in an interesting dynamic, it is also indicative of Patrick's feelings for Mary. Patrick's friends remind Patrick that Mary once broke his heart and advise him to be weary of the woman who may be on the rebound. Patrick refuses to heed the warnings and dives face first into the pursuit of his old, new love. Mary is ultimately left with decision of being with someone who is financially stable but may not love her as much as she loves him, or a man who adores her but has a lot of growing up to do. My Ex-Ex is a clever re-telling of the age old love triangle, however the movie diverts from the redundant Romcom formula to add a refreshing take full of nuance and varied perspective.

• Jul 10, 2015

WAY too funny!! Great movie to see with friends if you want a good laugh!! I'd honestly see it again if someone asked me!

• Jul 09, 2015

Hilarious. This was a damn funny movie - I caught it in Hamilton - awesome!

Hilarious. This was a damn funny movie - I caught it in Hamilton - awesome!