My Father and the Man in Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Father and the Man in Black Reviews

October 8, 2014
A very poignant documentary.
½ March 5, 2014
It's an interesting story, but too many times it falls into self indulgence and if anything it's message is 'Whoa look at me, the neglected son'
½ February 15, 2014
Interesting documentary about Jonathon Holiff's search for understanding of his father, Saul who was Johnny Cash's Manager.
November 26, 2013
Hi friends, all in the effort to spread the word, if you would do me the honour of clicking "want to see it" at rotten tomatoes. Much appreciated
October 28, 2013
This was a very informative and eye opening documentary. I think everyone should take the time to see it.
September 13, 2013
I loved the film, as it gave me a real view of how people have to struggle, but they can still make it if they keep trying.I flew all the way from London Ontario to Vancouver, took a ferry to the island to see my friends film. I had already seen it in London, but it was worth a few more looks, saw it 4 more times on CityTV, twice a night. great film, and my little brother and big sister are in it for about 1 second. thanks for the memories.
September 6, 2013
Excellent movie. It tells the rest of the story that "Walk the Line" leaves out. Even if you are not a Johnny cash fan or a music fan, you will love this movie!
September 6, 2013
Are you kidding? This is a great film!
September 5, 2013
Wonderful film, more interesting knowing about the man behind Mr. Cash for sure!
½ September 5, 2013
"Capturing The Friedmans" meets "Ring of Fire" in this often-harrowing narrative about the little-known and unlikely Canadian Jewish manager of Johnny Cash, Sid Holiff. As Cash's career and fortunes ricochet around his addictions and bad behavior, an equally dark tale of compulsion and narcissism is played out by Holiff, who leaves his family in a state of bewildered abandon as he props his client up across the globe and across the decades. A son's lifetime struggle for answers and understanding will leave you rapt, regardless of whether you're a Cash admirer.
½ October 2, 2012
Interesting insight into Cash, but more so, the painful dynamics of a dysfunctional relationship between father & son, as well as understanding ...