My Favorite Martian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Favorite Martian Reviews

David T.
January 14, 2016
I am into comedies of various types, especially ones from my childhood and this happens to be one of them. 'My Favorite Martian' is truly a fun and amusing film with an amazing cast and the overall premise makes this film worth watching. Some of the humor in this is pretty immature, but that doesn't stop most people from wanting to see this good comedy that doesn't get mentioned a lot. Just a good "out of this world" comedy that the family can enjoy and have gut busting laughs.
November 21, 2015
Here is an effort wherein you feel sympathy for the actors wading through the dreck but especially for Ray Walston, blessed (you would hope) to be in the movie of the popular television series he helped establish ... and this is what they give him. Where did I put the bottle of prescription painkillers and the bottle of tequila? Have you heard of this movie? There's a reason you haven't.
½ October 10, 2015
Focusing on uninspired special effects and an obvious over-the-top Christopher Lloyd performance, This movie fails to brings laughs and is no more but a cash grab on the TV show it's based on
½ August 31, 2015
sure wasn't as good as the TV its based on
June 19, 2015
A string of zany intergalactic shenanigans is the only reason it exists.
May 26, 2015
You can have loud special effects but there has to be a glimmer of a script involved for it to work and here there is none.
½ March 20, 2015
Wasted talent in this terrible 60's sitcom remake.
December 24, 2014
it's not as good as the show but it's one of those guilty pleasure movies I love to enjoy but dispite that it most people would like since it's got that dumb and dumber sort of comedy formula especially since it's got jeff Daniels but I fine funny and enjoyable.
½ October 28, 2014
Used to watch the orriginal series. Interesting but not the best they could do.
July 27, 2014
Just ok, definitely not Disney's best.
½ July 21, 2014
A rather bland adaptation of the classic television series.
½ May 10, 2014
Throwback night Funny :)
½ April 29, 2014
I remember seeing this movie back in 1999 at the Manville theater in NJ. I haven't seen the movie since, but we were the only ones there.
½ April 18, 2014
Gives new meaning to the term retarded.
March 11, 2014
Half-baked and silly. This was amusing when I was younger, but it gets worse each time I see it. (First viewing - February 1999 in theaters)
½ December 26, 2013
A decent time wasting kids movie but nothing more.
½ November 27, 2013
Pretty funny, despite the weird alien scenes.
September 24, 2013
This was a strange film to watch, but some gags worked.
August 11, 2013
One of those movies that I grew up with and really liked. Despite the poor reviews I would recommend this movie, great laughs.