Mein Führer - Die wirklich wahrste Wahrheit über Adolf Hitler (My Fuhrer) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mein Führer - Die wirklich wahrste Wahrheit über Adolf Hitler (My Fuhrer) Reviews

½ May 25, 2013
It could have gone two ways, extremely hacky are humongously pretentious. It's the latter, all the hack jokes like "Hitler in the tub" and "Hitler doing Eva" are already shown in the trailer. All the jokes simply aren't funny. It can be considered to be a jewish director's pet project.
July 16, 2012
After causing controversy with his previous project "Go for Zucker, writer and directory Dani Levy's latest project does the same. A comedy with Adolf Hitler! The story is happening in December 1944, when Germany has been almost destroyed by the bombardments and the Third Reich (1000 year) rule is almost over after a few years. I don't want to go too deep into the story and ruin your fun, but it is an amazing skill to "fiddle" with the history, and to have people who watch it to believe and laugh at the same time.

This is not a movie which will offend one group or another! No! Everyone is just a human in this movie, with their own weaknesses and problems. You will laugh watching sometimes with some kind of understanding and sympathy one of the biggest villains of the humanity! I have to admit that director's skill was so refined that somehow under my skin I could feel even a subtle, subversive form of respect! It wasn't all due to the director, though. Adolf Hitler in this movie is a depressed man brilliantly acted by Helge Schneider. But you will see the other sides as well, because all his character had from social and political interaction in his life was somehow connected with the confrontation of paternal anger and penis envy! Other excellent performances of Hitler's companions Joseph Goebbels (Sylvester Groth) and Adolf Grünbaum (Ulrich Mühe) should be remembered by the lovers of the exceptional acting.

If you like unusual humour - don't miss this one...

And for the end:
Hitler: "Don't take the Holocaust thing so personally... It wasn't even really my idea."
February 20, 2012
Interesting movie. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but you can have some laughs and the idea of Hitler's character in the movie was great. Good ending.
½ December 2, 2011
Clearly the movie has some good intentions, but I think the movie is so self-aware about how clever it is, when it's really not that clever that it's a complete turn off. It's not bad or anything, but it isn't as funny as it should be the dynamic of having a 'Jew' teach Hitler just never reaches its full comedic potential. And that's really all it boils down to, it's just a miscalculation. It's an average movie at best.
½ January 10, 2011
Comédia alemã sobre Hitler no último ano de guerra - preciso dizer mais? Destaque para as piadas sobre a burocracia nazista xD
½ May 9, 2010
A funny way to tell the Hitler story...
Even it turn out pretty sad at the ending...
½ April 23, 2010
This movie was absolutely hilarious! So over the top funny! Who knew Hitler needed Zoloft and a therapy sooo badly! Oh the irony!
March 14, 2010
la verdad esperaba mucho mas de esta película..pero bueno tuvo sus partes interesantes.
½ January 24, 2010
Marked by an excellent performance by Ulrich Muhe (?The Lives of Others?, ?Funny Games?), this tragicomic film presents an historical fantasy blending fact and fiction, set in the waning months of World War II. Muhe plays Adolf Grunsbaum, an acting and voice professor, a humanist, and a prisoner in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp. One day, he is mysteriously rushed away from the camp, through the bombed out streets of Berlin to the HQ of the beleaguered Nazi party. Goebbels (Groth, who plays the same role in ?Inglourious Basterds?), a former student and fan, had enlisted Grunsbaum once before to help to hone the Fuhrer?s famous oratorical skills and he is hoping that the professor can work his magic once again. The position will grant Grunsbaum a unique opportunity; the chance to kill Hitler. Will he take advantage of the situation and forsake his deeply-held scruples?
Helge Schneider plays Hitler as a deeply wounded, petulant child, striving in vain for the approval of his arbitrary and abusive father. He is a simpering wretch who has lost the bluster of his youth as his empire- and his resolve- crumbles. Alone in the mostly empty building steadily rocked by Allied bomb runs, he is deceived and patronized by the officers around him, even as they plot his overthrow.
This is not a comedy, per se, as there are very few jokes. A good portion of the story is a kind of psychoanalysis of Hitler and his motives. Most of the humor stems from the depiction of the Nazi officers, including; Goebbels portrayed as an exceptionally smooth and ruthless conman and lech, Himmler with his right arm in a cast, propped up in a perpetual Sig Heil, and scenes depicting the absurd inanity of the bureaucracy of the Third Reich, including drawing guns on each other over the lack of a proper paper form, even as squads of Allied planes pepper them with bombs.
Some people seem to take issue with the subject matter, but this film is not exploitative. It is simply unafraid to point out the humorous in the monstrous.
November 5, 2009
Damn la quiero ver, me la tropece en cinemax y vi el final... no la encuentro en mininova, si alguien no me dice de donde la bajo tengo que esperarme al 20 de diciembre para verla....
½ August 28, 2009
lo primero es que sin duda Hitler ta a la moda todas la peliculas tratan de el.
divertidisimo ver como lo ponian a hacer el riduculo y todas las estuipideses que el se inventaba
August 19, 2009
Okay, probably not a great movie, but seeing Ulrich Mühe as a jewish teacher showing Adolf how to improve his threatrical skills is just... so refreshing... especially when he makes him do the dog on his four legs...
½ August 18, 2009
Hysterisk morsom satire!! Dani levy har laget en morsom og unnerholdende film om en langt mer menneskelig hitler.
August 14, 2009
Um filme inteligente, embora não seja uma obra prima.
August 13, 2009
good reconstruction, average acting, and they achieved to create an absurd atmosphere, but lacks more funny situations. Anyway, i like the new german cinema.
½ June 10, 2009
This film lives from the absurdity of its story, good acting - Helge Schneider is great in here and of course Ulrich Muhe, too. I am so sorry for him. For a comedy it lacks more jokes, but it's neither a drama. The end is cruel.
½ May 16, 2009
funny shit! enough said.
May 14, 2009
As a real Helge fan I liked this because of his good and serious acting... I liked his nonsense-sense-comedy better and especially his concerts, but to see Dani Levys film here was something new and at least entertaining, although I found it not too funny, some scenes could have been more sarcastic or absurd, but ok... Overall 3 stars, because of Helge: 4 stars!!
½ May 10, 2009
How can German make fun to Adolf Hitler â?? the evil symbol of 20th century? This film uses a funny standpoint to review the life of Hitler â?? A Jewish teaching him how to preform well in front of public. How hilarious it is! However, it did not bring me laughter always because the plots are not so attractive. The story is so so only.
April 23, 2009
This film lives from the absurdity of its story, good acting - but somehow pretty lame. For a comedy it lacks more jokes, but it's neither a drama. The end is disappointing.