My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys Reviews

February 17, 2015
Rodeo star returns home to help his father and fall in love with his widowed ex.
January 19, 2015
a good movie..better than expected
June 28, 2011
Scott Glenn as the anti-Wes Hightower and Kate Capshaw now nearly as annoying as she was in "Temple of Doom". Plus, a hilarious Gary Busey, a young Balthazar Getty, a bitch Tess Harper and the adorable Mickey Rooney. Too bad this fantastic cast didn't make the movie great! Still, it's entertaining and has a good soundtrack, which makes up for some of the plot and dialogue flaws.
February 16, 2010
i love this movie..its been awhile since i've seen it though
June 19, 2009
He was busted up as a bull fighter not a clown a clown is a funny man and dont protect us bull riders
April 18, 2009
If this doesn't pull your heart strings nothing will. It's a GREAT movie!!
December 5, 2008
THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE ABOUT HEROES. HONOR THEM!!!
August 4, 2008
A stroy bout a bullrider down on his luck
July 13, 2008
good drama and storyline.
June 6, 2008
This movie is about a rodeo cowboy that gets all busted up filling in for a friend as a rodeo clown and goes home to recooperate. His elderly father was put in a nursing home by his sister, while he was away riding the rodeo circuit for several years. When he brings his father home, all hell brakes loose. He tells his sister, "He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!" He runs into his old girlfriend in town and is broken hearted when she tries to avoid him. Everyone thinks he will leave town to rodeo again as he always did in the past. He is bound and determined to prove them all wrong and attempts one last big win rodeo that might kill or cripple him to make everything right again. His father puts him through some ruff training for this one, in beween getting into trouble himself. He eventually wins his girlfriends heart again. It has some great actors in this movie, Scott Glenn, Kate Capshaw, Ben Johnson, Tess Harper, Gary Busey and Mickey Rooney (he loves Dolly Parton and hates getting his hair washed!) This is a great movie, another one that was pushed to the back of the self. It is one of my favorites! I don't know about you but, 'My Heros Have Always Been Cowboys!'