My Neighbor Totoro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Neighbor Totoro Reviews

November 22, 2016
A very sweet movie. Totoro is adorable! I felt like it borrowed a bit from, or was influenced by, Alice in Wonderland - but it doesn't hurt it at all, just made me reminiscent.
October 19, 2016
Great movie, beautiful animation provides a unique story, cute characters, and an unforgetable film. Once Again Miyazaki proves he is an amazing director.
October 2, 2016
Una obra maestra de la animación. Hermosa, creativa, una trama tierna y simple, con personajes entrañables, que desemboca en un inesperado climax. Perfecta para ver en familia.
September 20, 2016
Pure Children Fantasy. The faintest memory of my childhood connected to this film are the following words: "The Dragon Cat"; As described in Chinese by my father to me.
September 20, 2016
Amazing... Truly phenomenal!

10/10 or 5 stars
September 2, 2016
If you want to feel happy, you watch a Miyazaki film. You can't go wrong with Totoro.
August 31, 2016
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Una de las películas más sobrevaloradas de la historia, el argumento de esta película es extremadamente infantil y no digo que no se puede disfrutar, siempre y cuando no seas mayor de...no se, mientras aun seas un niño inocente.
August 27, 2016
As all Studio Ghibli´s movies, is super cute, entertained and a must watch
August 24, 2016
A father and his two daughters (voices dubbed by Dakota and Elle Fanning) move to the countryside to be near the hospital where his wife is being treated for some illness that is never exactly told. The girls meet woodland spirts and a wonderful oversized troll named Totoro. Charming story and animation.
½ August 21, 2016
A wonderfully satisfying children's film! A Japanese animated film produced by Disney, this is certainly not your standard Pixar/DreamWorks animation.

The beauty of the simplicity of the plot set in rural Japan, involving a father establishing a home in the country with his 2 young daughters, while the mother is in hospital, serves as the basis. However, throw in Totoro, a strange and friendly forest creature and fantasy merges with reality in a bizarre, comedic and entertaining way!

In fact, the creatures are so strange that this film is so differentiated from American productions and so many questions are left unanswered. Yet we feel that this is perfectly fine. We realize that loose ends need not always be explained.

Although light on action and details, there is never a dull moment. My two young children enjoyed this film along with me. However, it is not comparable to the complexities in most American children's masterpieces such as "Up" and others, yet similarly satisfying in a more grassroots manner.
½ August 20, 2016
Activates one's kid like wonder, but the plot is far from riveting
August 15, 2016
From the brilliant "Walt Disney of Japan", Hayao Miyazaki, comes a wonderful soothing film that everyone will simply embrace. My Neighbor Totoro is a film that should be able to put a smile on any viewers face, and without a doubt, it'll take you on one of the most whimsical and the most fantastical journey's ever. Nothing compared to Miyazaki's 'Spirited Away' or 'Princess Mononoke," but still a fantastic piece of cinema that can be considered a classic.
½ August 13, 2016
Very cute and great for the whole family or even by yourself.
August 3, 2016
It's a heartwarming, magical ride seen through the simple eyes of a child. A perfect children's film.
August 1, 2016
Simple, yet fully satisfying. There's no obvious bad guy or any other typical children's nature movie. A simple story told of a small family moving into a new house that just happens to be located near a forest with a powerful spirit living in it. Some have said the film is a metaphor for depression and even death. I can see points to where that might have some weight, yet I choose to believe in the humbleness of the premise and how it's presented. A movie for the entire family with good characters and lots of heart. That's all you really need.
July 28, 2016
A beautiful and brilliant work of animation that isn't as cute as it may first appear to be.
July 24, 2016
Perhaps not the most entertaining anime but, certainly a influence into out-of-the-box thinking and fantasy. The sheer beauty and respect for life and nature, as well as the hidden world of minors. A masterful dreaming adventure.
July 17, 2016
Absolute masterpiece. Having seen many of the studio ghibli films, I view this to be the best. Fantastic storyline, amazing artistry and touching characters.
July 16, 2016
Beginning was cute and funny but then it got SOOO BORING!!!!
June 9, 2016