My Neighbor Totoro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Neighbor Totoro Reviews

March 9, 2017
magical. no other way to put it.
February 24, 2017
Totoro is one of the cutest characters I've ever seen. If you like cute animated films, watching it is almost a MUST!
February 17, 2017
Hayao Miyazaki uses his memorable characters to show us that we can find friends in unusual places.
½ February 3, 2017
One of my faves of Miyazaki's with just the right amount of whimsy and real-life, even if the plot is essentially non-existant. The kids love it too.
February 2, 2017
Not really as good as I expected it, but the charming animation and a simple yet enthralling story still make 'My Neighbor Totoro' a funny and heartwarming ride.
½ January 31, 2017
My Neighbor Totoro touches the heart and piques the imagination. That's what makes it one of the best family films of all-time.
January 16, 2017
One of the greatest animated movies I've seen. The imagination of Miyasaki shines brightly in this family-friendly film. Besides, there's Catbus, and Catbus makes any movie awesome!
January 11, 2017
Disappointment, being a fan of Studio Ghibli and having heard so much about the movie expected much more. The water color animation is gorgeous, specially considering it was made in 1988 but it was the confusing story where nothing much happens which was a let-down. Frankly it was boring.
½ December 31, 2016
This movie looks absolutely beautiful! The animation is quite amazing. The story itself is a little weird, but it is interesting enough that I am sure the whole family will enjoy it. It may be an older movie, but it looks stunning in high definition. If you like these kinds of movies, you should watch this one.
½ December 25, 2016
Not sure what I expected... it's a cute family film with some lovely art-work and whimsical ideas.
December 13, 2016
One of my new favorite movies. Absolutely loved it.
½ December 10, 2016
No plot and a little slow, but super cute and fun.
November 22, 2016
A very sweet movie. Totoro is adorable! I felt like it borrowed a bit from, or was influenced by, Alice in Wonderland - but it doesn't hurt it at all, just made me reminiscent.
October 19, 2016
Great movie, beautiful animation provides a unique story, cute characters, and an unforgetable film. Once Again Miyazaki proves he is an amazing director.
October 2, 2016
Una obra maestra de la animación. Hermosa, creativa, una trama tierna y simple, con personajes entrañables, que desemboca en un inesperado climax. Perfecta para ver en familia.
September 20, 2016
Pure Children Fantasy. The faintest memory of my childhood connected to this film are the following words: "The Dragon Cat"; As described in Chinese by my father to me.
September 20, 2016
Amazing... Truly phenomenal!

10/10 or 5 stars
September 2, 2016
If you want to feel happy, you watch a Miyazaki film. You can't go wrong with Totoro.