Les Ripoux (Le Cop) (My New Partner) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Ripoux (Le Cop) (My New Partner) Reviews

May 15, 2016
Hilarious French farce! Good luck finding it on anything but VHS!
½ May 17, 2012
I love Paris in the 80s, how 'bout you?
March 26, 2011
Una película que tuvo (inexplicablemente) éxito en Francia y dio para dos o tres secuelas. No se sabe si es comedia, drama o simplemente el director o el guionista no sabían exactamente qué querían hacer. Tiene a Philippe Noiret que es un actorazo, pero nada más. No recomendable.
½ November 24, 2010
An honest cop teamed with a corrupt one.
April 13, 2010
a great comedy classic !
½ February 4, 2010
This French comedy is really well done , well written 1 the cast is just pitch perfect!It's incredible how you can really make a great flick with not that much money but good actors & above all a very cleaver scenario! Give it a shot it's pure delight from start to finish!
April 28, 2009
good picture of life in Paris during the 80's and very funny movie :-)
March 23, 2009
Noiret and Lhermitte is a great couple. Especially Noiret gives an outstanding performance as the charming but completely crooked cop. The moves oozes of atmosphere from Montmatre. It was a huge hit and two sequels was made after 6 and 13 years! The first one is a sparkling classic which you should not miss!
½ March 3, 2009
What are rules without bending them a little?
½ February 8, 2009
Had me in stitches several times, despite its serious 80's schlock factor. Phillipe Noiret is great (RIP).
January 17, 2009
Very good, the script is unbelievably bold for a comedy.
½ November 25, 2008
Funny french comedy.
September 28, 2008
facile, mais casting sympathique et vison un peu surranée (maintenant) de paris... sympa
August 6, 2008
"Un petit cigare?"
"Pourquoi petit?"
July 25, 2008
Very funny odd cop couple.
June 22, 2008
for a very long time my favourite french movie. one of the best comedy ever!
April 28, 2008
The funniest French comedy ever...well somewhere with le pere noel est une ordure...but this one has great views of Paris...so it is my when-I-miss-home movie
April 11, 2008
A romantic/cop-buddy movie with a Gallic shrug. What could be better?

Phillip Noiret trains his new partner in the difference between working "by the book" and working the streets as they are, and along the way, romances of both the veteran and the newby make us want to be in Paris and in love, no matter our age.

I first saw this in my first five years of married life, and we've watched it many times as we've grown older, and it has something for every age in between.

Unfortunately, it is not available with English subtitles on DVD, and good VHS copies run close to $100, so we've limited our watching of our old Betamax tape to very special occasions.

The American company that released it (Orion Pictures) has be bought by MGM, but their website doesn't find it in their files, so is there any hope we'll ever see it on an American-format DVD? I certainly hope so, but meanwhile, I'm going to borrow or buy (if I have to) a DVD recorder to try to transfer my old Beta version to DVD.
½ March 23, 2008
Classic 80's french "good cop - bad cop" comedy. Much better than most american movies in the genre.
February 13, 2008
I just love the script & philippe noiret