My Pal Trigger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Pal Trigger Reviews

March 1, 2017
Man this is WAY more manipulative than I expected. I was hoping this was going to be just a good ol' singing cowboy horse dancing kinda flick and instead it goes from sweet horse innocence to mean make-your-kids-cry in like 20 seconds!

This movie is about how Roy Roger gets Trigger, so in that sense it's sort of worth the watch. But it starts with sweet horse romance, complete with a scene of horse line dancing, and ends with HORSE MURDER by shotgun AND cougar. Shit's messed up. My 1000-Yard-Stare Pal Trigger imo
½ December 8, 2014
Seemed to be a little less singing in this one, which was a plus. The story is too simple, and the delineation of good guy vs bad guy is just too stark to be believable. It is not painful to watch, but I can't say I enjoyed it either.
bbcfloridabound
January 30, 2012
Is this where it all began, well in Triggers case it is. I have watch a number of Roy Roger's films in my life but never knew where Trigger entered in. Good Trivia question who was Roy Rogers First Horse, Answer is Not Trigger and by watching this film you will get the answer. A very young Dale Evans, A Always Old Gabby Hayes and Many other well know actors during 1946 enter in to this movie. The Scene you see whenever one talks about Roy Rogers is taken from this film. Roy is a good guy, bad guy, outlaw, and singer not to mention hero in this movie. A time when a family film was just that a family film. 4 stars
½ September 22, 2009
I don't know who this director is, but he gets some DAMN good acting out of horses. His tale of majestic horses in horsey love makes me want to do something inspiring, like maybe ride a horse. Nobody sells a "Tarnation!" like Gabby Hayes.
December 10, 2008
Yakima Canutt was the Premier stuntman in hollywood for decades and basically invented the genre
October 13, 2007
6.5/10. Better than average Roy Rogers western. Gabby Hayes is particularly good. Short and moves along at a good rate. Pleasant score.
½ August 29, 2007
I really like Roy Rogers because he can sing, ride a horse and brawl with the rest of them.
August 20, 2007
the birth of Roy's valiant steed
July 7, 2007
Roy Rogers himself said that this was the best film he made, and he may be right! My Pal Trigger tells the tale of how Roy got the best horse in the west. The tale is one not to be missed, for Rogers fans or anyone else for that matter.
May 26, 2007
classic old fun Western.. only for Classic Buffs
May 14, 2007
one of my favorite movies with roy rogers in it
½ December 10, 2006
Extremely boring. Do not bother watching, absolute waste of time.
September 23, 2006