My Sister, My Love Reviews

• Apr 22, 2019

A truly disturbing psychological thriller with no special effects or sci-fi nonsense. Just a twisted plotline & some seriously bizarre writing. Carol Kane is brilliant (as always) as a demented murderess with the deceptively cute & charming affect. Until her wires get tripped & she flips into psycho mode. Must admit, the girl/girl scenes were kinda hot (if you forget they're supposed to be sisters, lol). But this is definitely a cult-type film rather than a blockbuster.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Nov 25, 2015

Two immensely talented actresses in a total piece of crap.

Two immensely talented actresses in a total piece of crap.

• May 04, 2014

Carol Kane wears blackface, kills an orangutang, and has sex with her sister. A little slow, but I liked it.

• Oct 02, 2010

i cant believe i cant get to give this p**h no stars!!!!

i cant believe i cant get to give this p**h no stars!!!!

• Oct 02, 2010

Oh for pity sake! Thank God I fell asleep during it. Sheesh what a load of old tripe! Not even Lee Grant or Carol Kane could do anything to rescue this dire piece of weird nonsense!Two sisters living together in a mansion with their 'pet' ape and their pseudo jungle living room. Incest, murder and lots of tribal music and make-up oh and in future could someone please turn on the effin light when yer makin such films - I couldn’t see a bloody thing! The most interesting thing about this movie were my dreams after watching it, but I will never tell!

• Sep 06, 2010

Persona... with apes. What Ever Happened to Apey Jane? and so on.

Persona... with apes. What Ever Happened to Apey Jane? and so on.

• Jun 27, 2009

We've had Don't Look in the Basement and now Don't Ring the Doorbell. How many more 70s horror films wont let you do things around the house I wonder? and this one is also yet another serial killer film. Well the films original tagline does a good job of summing the up. The whole thing is a thriller about a woman who kills people and her sister who doesn't approve of her murderous actions. That's about it. The film's alternative title, The Mafu Cage refers to the large cage she uses to keep an ape in and later to keep her victims in. There is a lot of emphasis on that ape. It's on the front cover and an alternative tagline reads: "Ellen lives with two animals. One of them is her sister!". But the ape doesn't do anything! It just hangs about in its cage (literally) and isn't even present for the whole feature! The only reason for the ape is to explain the presence of the cage so why make such a big deal about it? And unfortunately the film wasn't all too interesting. There is far too much talking and for a film that's mainly about people chatting 102 min. is far too long. However the acting is pretty decent and the African rituals are interesting and some times funny to watch. The sound is poor though and I would have enjoyed the whole film more if it was shorter or at least more action and less chatting.