My Son, the Vampire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Son, the Vampire Reviews

October 11, 2012
The plot of this film is just too crazy. I could never figure out 'My Son, The Vampire', because the Robot that Bela Lugosi creates in this film isn't a robot. He just basically does all his dirty work.

I could never understand Mother Riley (the man who's a cross dresser), who annoyed the heck out of me in this film. He/she needs some Xanax to calm he/she down.

This movie is more of a horror/Sci Fi/Comedy movie, so if you think it's scary, it's not.
November 29, 2011
Is Bela Lugosi in this?
March 2, 2011
Apparently famous at the time, this was part of a series of "Mother Riley" films, starring a cross-dresser as a shop owner. Bela Lugosi (well into his heroin addiction at the time) plays a wanna-be vampire (who is actually a scientist descended from a notorious vampire of legend). Lugosi was essentially doing a parody of his most famous screen character, much as he did in East End Kids and Abbott and Costello films. The scientist intends to build an army of robots to take over the world, but there is a mixup in delivery and the first robot goes to Mother Riley. Limited horror elements (since the vampire is fake), this could be categorized as a horror sci-fi comedy (the Mother Riley character actually detracts from the humor as singing trannies just arent my thing). Best part is when the landlord calls Mother Riley a faggot.
November 2, 2010
The plot of this movie is too silly, I mean what does a vampire want with a robot? And what does the title mean? who's son is a vampire? This is just another excuse to get Lugosi to play a vampire again, which is cool, but he needs a better story.
May 26, 2010
Initially called ??Mother Riley Meets the Vampire." Totally stupid. The opening theme song is the best part.
October 3, 2009
Sadly, even my love of Bela Lugosi could not warrant this film more than one star.
July 29, 2008
It was ok for a B horror movie. I have seen better than this one, but you can't expect much from them anyways.