My Stepmother Is an Alien - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Stepmother Is an Alien Reviews

½ August 8, 2015
My Stepmother is an Alien n'est pas forcément un film détestable. C'est juste une comédie 80's tout ce qu'il y a de plus pathétique, répétitif et abruti. En effet, en faisant jouer la comédie à Kim Basinger et le straight man à Dan Ackroyd, Richard Benjamin aurait dû vite comprendre qu'il partait à l'encontre d'une belle déconvenue. Malheureusement, c'est ce dont on doit se contenter ici, avec des scènes qui tombent comme un cheveu sur la soupe et Jon Lovitz qui est aussi agaçant que d'habitude. Le score est plutôt réussi.
½ June 26, 2014
A comedy that's out of this world, My Stepmother Is an Alien is an '80s cult classic. The story follows a scientist named Steven Mills who falls for an eccentric woman who's fascinated by his work at an astrological research center, but his daughter suspects that there's something not quite right about her. Starring Dan Aykroyd, Kim Basinger, Jon Lovitz, and Alyson Hannigan, the cast is quite impressive and does a good job at delivering the comedy; which is mostly a bunch of slapstick routines and fish-out-of-water jokes. And although the comedy may seem a bit rote, there's a certain sort of charm to it. My Stepmother Is an Alien is a little silly and formulaic, but it's also kind of fun.
June 14, 2014
Yeah, it's silly, but it's cute and worth watching for Alyson Hannigan as the 13 year old daughter (and Seth Green as her date).
December 28, 2013
One of his worst. I didn't enjoy this one.
½ August 4, 2013
the film should be a classic, with many classic moments, I hope it will pick up a cult following like many other poorly received movie. In my opinion the kissing scene is absolutely hilarious.
½ July 17, 2013
Painfully unfunny. Aykroyd's career was just bottoming out.
May 11, 2013
Fun and enjoyable farce back when Kim was sane and acting.
March 24, 2013
Ridiculous movie. It tries way too hard to be funny, and then wont stop trying until you're embarrassed to be watching. I like the actors, but they shouldn't have agreed to do this movie. It's much too goofy for its own good. I don't recommend it.
March 9, 2013
I love Kim Basinger, but this just wasn't that great.
February 18, 2013
I don't think this film was too bad, but it just fell so short of being a good flick. I saw this film a few times, just to see if I could give it a better go, but...2 stars is the most I could press!
February 10, 2013
Kim Basinger is amazing in her role.
½ February 6, 2013
This is so cheap and cheesy but I still love it.
January 22, 2013
I saw this film, but I don't remember Willow and Oz being in this. Looks like I'll have to watch it again.
January 14, 2013
Yes, everyone panned the movie, and watching it, you can see why they did, but in the end the silly parts of the movie are harmless, whereas the the outstanding parts of the film are unique, and make it, for a lot of us, worthwhile entertainment. What is outstanding? Dan Aykroyd is excellent in the film and doesn't miss a beat. Plus, - this will be your only chance to see Kim Basinger when she was young, and so intriguing and attractive, in a rare, light-hearted role. That alone makes the film special. (Yes, I used the word.)

Steven MIll's daughter (Alyson Hannigan) does well, as does the dog, so the film is easy enough to watch. Finally, at this point in time (2013), there is a refreshing innocence and lack of technical sophistication present, because the movie was made in 1988, before a lot of bad things happened and before the global financial stress became manifest...
December 27, 2012
Funny movie...
It is sometimes said that men are from Mars and women from Venus, and "My Stepmother is an Alien" is a romantic comedy about two lovers who are, quite literally, from different planets. Dan Aykroyd plays Steve Mills, a scientist searching for extra-terrestrial life. Kim Basinger plays the extra-terrestrial life he succeeds in finding.
I rather enjoyed this film!
December 15, 2012
I love the cooking scene! How funny!
November 25, 2012
I have to admit i do have a secret love for these style of movies.
November 21, 2012
I loved this movie when I was little.
½ October 8, 2012
Just watched this again, as a kid I thought it was great, seeing it now it looks really dated. It is still funny in spots, but overall I think my memory of this movie was better then the actual movie, that seems to happen a lot from that era of movie making, not all of them, but a lot. On a side note it was really funny to see Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green together at such a young age, that must have been an interesting day on the Buffy The Vampire Slayer set when they found out they would become love interests again.

Lastly, Jon Lovitz blows in this movie.

The End.