My Stepmother Is an Alien Reviews

• Feb 05, 2021

Dumb Story ? Yes. Bad Acting ? Absolutely ! Guilty 80's pleasure ? Hell Yeah !

Dumb Story ? Yes. Bad Acting ? Absolutely ! Guilty 80's pleasure ? Hell Yeah !

• May 11, 2020

As a 80s child and lover of all things 80s, this may not appeal to those born after the millennium. Only the older generation may get the comedy and appreciate a classic such as this.

• Mar 20, 2017

This movie certainly isn't gonna go down as one of the greats. It is cheesy and kind of dumb. That being said, it made me laugh often anyway. I can't recommend this movie, but I think those who can appreciate cheesy movies for what they are might be able to have some fun with it. This is a guilty pleasure, but certainly not quality cinema.

• Jan 09, 2017

see kids, back in the olden days we didn't have internet. if you wanted to get your rocks off, you had to either do the walk of shame and buy one of those dirty magazines, while the store clerk judges you. but if you were rich and lived/worked in hollywood, you wrote a comedy script and hired a sexy lady.. I think Dan Aykroyd just really wanted to see Kim Basinger's boobs. that's basically it. there's some subplot about an alien trying to figure out if a scientist tried to kill their planet, but that's only 10 minutes of the movie. you can laugh at the absurdity and how "innocently" sexist it is, but that doesn't make it not sexst. or filthy. and don't get me started on Ayson Hannigan having a giggle, because her dad has orgasms...

• Jan 02, 2017

Interesting as Kim Basinger has to attempt comedy acting but there's not much else going for it.

• Aug 08, 2015

My Stepmother is an Alien n'est pas forcément un film détestable. C'est juste une comédie 80's tout ce qu'il y a de plus pathétique, répétitif et abruti. En effet, en faisant jouer la comédie à Kim Basinger et le straight man à Dan Ackroyd, Richard Benjamin aurait dû vite comprendre qu'il partait à l'encontre d'une belle déconvenue. Malheureusement, c'est ce dont on doit se contenter ici, avec des scènes qui tombent comme un cheveu sur la soupe et Jon Lovitz qui est aussi agaçant que d'habitude. Le score est plutôt réussi.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jun 26, 2014

A comedy that's out of this world, My Stepmother Is an Alien is an '80s cult classic. The story follows a scientist named Steven Mills who falls for an eccentric woman who's fascinated by his work at an astrological research center, but his daughter suspects that there's something not quite right about her. Starring Dan Aykroyd, Kim Basinger, Jon Lovitz, and Alyson Hannigan, the cast is quite impressive and does a good job at delivering the comedy; which is mostly a bunch of slapstick routines and fish-out-of-water jokes. And although the comedy may seem a bit rote, there's a certain sort of charm to it. My Stepmother Is an Alien is a little silly and formulaic, but it's also kind of fun.

• Dec 28, 2013

One of his worst. I didn't enjoy this one.

One of his worst. I didn't enjoy this one.

• Aug 04, 2013

the film should be a classic, with many classic moments, I hope it will pick up a cult following like many other poorly received movie. In my opinion the kissing scene is absolutely hilarious.

• Jul 17, 2013

Painfully unfunny. Aykroyd's career was just bottoming out.

Painfully unfunny. Aykroyd's career was just bottoming out.