My Suicidal Sweetheart (Crazy for Love) Reviews

• Jul 15, 2014

Another offbeat romantic comedy, this one lacks originality and likeable characters. It leaves an unpleasante taste while watching. After about 30 minutes I just didn't care about the movie anymore. This film is titled Crazy For Love on DVD, and is also known as My Suicidal Sweetheart. It's never a good sign when a movie has several different titles.

• Jul 15, 2014

Here's some of what I saw at South By Southwest Film Festival.

Here's some of what I saw at South By Southwest Film Festival.

• Jul 15, 2014

This one is special, check it out.

This one is special, check it out.

• Dec 01, 2012

For the first half hour, this film did not appeal to me at all and seemed rather boring. But after that, the quirkiness of it started make it different from even other independent productions I've seen before, let alone the more formulaic kind of thing Hollywood has been coming up with lately-predictable. David Krumholtz character, Max, became less annoying and even somewhat charming, and so did many of the others. Although not the best film I ever seen, it was far from the worst. And at least it wasn't the same old thing-again.

• Dec 21, 2008

decent with a few laughs, but not phenomenal by any stretch. cast was really good, tim blake nelson playing three roles. guillermo diaz cracks me up in this as a mental patient. also i don't think this is a hard role for natasha lyonne to play, she looks kinda nuts already

• Jul 16, 2008

I was the only one of 4 people watching that didn't want the movie turned off half-way through.

• Jun 22, 2008

Parness is clearly a bumbling tourist in the land of mental illness, sitting in the air-conditioned tour bus of his mind looking out at the people below & scratching his head for clumsy jokes.

• Jun 16, 2008

This film attempts to be many things... funny, intelligent, strange, profound, and some sort of modern day Harold and Maude. It fails at all of these things. The characters are all robotic and impersonal - not even an inner monologue voice-over helps give any dimension. The style of acting was definitely on purpose to achieve a certain effect, but the script isn't strong enough and the direction isn't interesting enough to pull it off. This film fails to be funny. The dialog sounds like it comes from a terrible play written by a high school student.