My Tutor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Tutor Reviews

½ December 16, 2009
I had wanted to see this when I was younger because I wanted to see Caren Kaye naked & I must say she has a smokin body & after Matt Lattanzi sees her skinny dipping all he wants to do is bang her. Nudity aside this May/December romance is pretty annoying because of the immaturity. The only thing that is decent aside of the nakedness is that this has Crispin Glover in a eariler role where he couldn't get laid even if he went to Mexico
February 9, 2009
Not interesting, not good, nothing great about this movie that I can think of.
½ December 19, 2008
Admittedly, I liked this one more than I needed too. I got on a kick of watching a lot of 80's sex comedies again.. Some of them still worked, some of them sucked, but this one was a nice surprise, actually full of heart. I liked the two leads and of course Crispin Glover generally being himself.
½ December 8, 2008
A bit slow at times, and the acting by the two leads is below average. The score is repetitive and the story is predictable. It has some good moments, but overall not very exciting.
September 2, 2008
SAW THIS MOVIE ON JUNE 3RD OF 1983, 2 DAYS BEFORE I GRAUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL, IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE BACK IN THE DAY, IT SET THE STANDARD FOE THE YOUNGER MAN/OLDER WOMAN FOR YEARS TO COME.
½ August 24, 2008
Way back in the day movie.....alot of sex....so not for everyone....not a good movie....just something to watch if you happen to be woke at around 1am and flicking through the channels.........
½ August 1, 2008
the theme song for this movie is hilarious...gee i love the 80s.
gratuitous nudity, horny teenage boys...how ridiculous.
can you believe this guy lives in a teepee now?
July 11, 2008
A young teenager enlists a hot chick to be his tutor, and she wants him, in this really obvious teen sex comedy. Every boy?s dream back then was to be with the hot tutor, especially after seeing this.
July 2, 2008
This movie is too good. It is about Bobby, a high school student who must pass French to get into Yale, so his Yale-obsessed father hires the best French tutor ever around to ensure success. But make no mistakes about it, Bobby learns about so much more than speaking the French language. In fact, these foreign language lessons are all but ignored, because that would be boring to watch. Instead, Bobby romances his tutor and drives around with his friends, a two-bit Ralph Macchio stand-in and a guy with an inexplicable Edwardian wardrobe. As with most Crown International films, the soundtrack is also great, featuring a.) a theme song that repeats the title of the movie in its chorus, which is awesome, and b.) a love song for the once so effective bits of soft-core (sung by a singer who I am told sounds exactly like me when I sing in a higher register.) It's non-stop laughs as this movie careens toward what is at once both the most perfect final frame of any movie I have seen and the most perfect transition between two songs (the aforementioned.) My Tutor is a perfect one-star specimen of the high-concept film genre.
June 21, 2008
I saw this on late night cable back when I was a pre-teen. I'll probably never fully understand how much My Tutor infected my psyche, but I do know that it planted a seed of lust within me that has grown into a mighty oak over the years. Recently, I picked it up on DVD. It's power has not diminished, and I even discovered that Russ Meyer beauty Kitten Natividad is in it! Genius just got geniuser.
½ June 1, 2008
The films of the 80s were a glorious age of unnecessary teen sex and nudity but I wasn't twelve years old forever. Definately on the opposite side of scale compared to films like Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
April 20, 2008
If there is one thing the '80s did just as good as Horror, it's probably Teen Sex Comedies.

This one ain't that bad, mostly due to the smokin' hot Caren Kaye and the hilarious Crispin Glover who spends the entire movie trying to get some and continually failing.

The music, however, is shit and the print used for the DVD looked pretty bad, probably came from a VHS tape.
½ April 15, 2008
if you dont watch this movie for its 80's sex appeal campyness then watch it for crispen glover cause he is fucking funny in this.... even if its unintentional
½ April 15, 2008
Not nearly as provocative as the title would have u believe but still it's enough to fire up any young lads imagination. What's more interesting to the rest of us is the chance to see a young blond pre-back to the future Crispin Glover cutting his acting teeth, even back then he was fun to watch.
½ April 10, 2008
This film is great, with a slew of memorable quotes like:
"Climb the mountain"
"Bring my dress back here. I'm naked!"
"Computer chips ... it's the future"
"I only know one way to squeeze this trigger"

Crispin Glover is gloriously frantic - just watch his nervous banter as the boys try to sneak into the bikini mud-wrestling bar - brilliant.
The film also features the best/worst love making song ever - The First Time We Made Love.
½ March 23, 2008
Good, but I have seen better films about coming of age. However; I still like the film because of certain scenses.
February 1, 2008
An excellent movie if you're a thirteen-year-old boy.
½ January 1, 2008
Tits. And Ass. Tits and Ass!!!
December 16, 2007
LOL.....so NOT FUNNY. Gimme a break!
October 9, 2007
The plot sounds amazing. I would love to see it.