My Tutor Friend (Donggabnaegi gwawoehagi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Tutor Friend (Donggabnaegi gwawoehagi) Reviews

December 29, 2013
very funny Korean comedy
December 26, 2012
This movie is romantic, and i love it
½ May 1, 2012
post sassy girl popcorn... no bad.. not great, not bad
½ January 11, 2012
It's an another childish movie...
½ December 11, 2011
Hilarious. Genuinely korean.
½ October 21, 2011
nerdy girl gets the bad boy the end
½ February 28, 2011
" Have you ever truly loved someone? "
½ December 28, 2010
Just another typical Korean comedy.
½ August 13, 2010
I like them together :)
½ July 19, 2010
There's nothing really special about this movie's plot. Choi Su Wan (Kim Ha Neul) comes from a poor family who owns a chicken store, and she earns money for her college tuition through tutoring high school kids. After quitting her job due to her students sexually harassing her (this is a comedy, so it ain't that serious), her mom got a referral from one of her rich friends for a tutor job. She then meets her newest student, Ji Hoon (Kwong Sang Woo), a rich, arrogant spoiled brat who failed two grades and is still stuck in high school. Anyway, sparks fly because Ji Hoon doesn't respect her at all, them being the same age and everything, and he's just not interested in studying. He pays her, but doesn't want to attend classes.

Like I said, the whole plot is a bit overused, but what made this movie fun to watch was the two leads, and how they executed the well-written banter. There are some pretty good fight scenes too, which ended up being a bit too long sometimes, but added some spice to the plot.

My favorite bits:

1. The banter. I absolutely love the banter between Su Wan and Ji Hoon. Kim Ha Neul's sweet and feisty portrayal of Su Wan was a perfect foil to Kwong Sang Woo's cool and brash portrayal of Ji Hoon, and I love how his character eventually matured, yet still retained the brash playfulness. I especially liked the computer graphics scene with the bear thingie. HEE!

2. The fantasy S&M scene. LOL! I've never laughed so hard in a scene all my life, although I must admit that it took me awhile to watch this scene straight (probably because there's way too much topless KSW for my brain to take). But still. [i]"Bear me my child!"[/i] LOL!!

3. The so-called dreaded second half. Well, a lot hated it, but I kinda liked it. *shrug* I found Ji Hoon's slip into jealous-bumbling-young-idiot a good and not too jarring of a change. I found the hang-gliding scene to be way too long and cliche, but the rest of the bits were pretty good.

4. The climax! [i]"Is this your skin?" "Hey, move those hands!"[/i] LOL!

Overall, good movie. Not the best, but not downright horrid. Plenty of fun around.
March 21, 2010
OK, I admit it! I have a confession with this movie ~ I watched it mainly coz of Kwon Sang Woo. :)

I've heard so much about him yet know nuts bout him except the fact that he starred in the hit drama series "Stairway to Heaven". Well, you have to forgive me as Korean movies / drama is still a very new world to me.

And.... yup, I do agree that Sang-Woo does have that charisma to sizzle up your screen. But it's not just a pretty face to watch. He does have some good acting skills to boot despite the fact that this is one of his first few movies.

In fact, I would think that he and Kim Ha Neul probably saved this movie from just being another typical korean movie. Good for light watching after a long and heavy day.
½ December 22, 2009
filem komedi korea yang menarik..kelakar sangat sebab memang kim ha neul ngan kwon sang woo ader chemistry yang sgt bagus..suke sgt tgok kwon sang woo pegang watak sebagai pelajar yang terpaksa menerima tuisyen kerana tidak dapat menamatkan pengajiannyer di sekolah tinggi
December 20, 2009
One of the best Korean rom coms that's been made. Loved everything about it especially Kim Ha Neul.
November 26, 2009
One of the biggest hits of 2003, with admissions almost rivaling 2002's box office chart topper "Marrying the Mafia", "My Tutor Friend" is a romantic comedy about the sparks that fly (from both passion and friction) when a geeky college girl is hired to help a spoiled rich kid get his grades up. And though it may run a little on the long side, the well-rounded blend of broad comedy, romance, slickly shot martial arts sequences, and two great lead performances make "My Tutor Friend" a worthwhile effort.
October 16, 2009
Hilarious and cute <3

Nice Korean Romance movie~
August 29, 2009
ا?جبر?ت ا?را?
August 29, 2009
love this movie alot
August 14, 2009
good film, i enjoyed watchin it
July 24, 2009
It's hilarious... KimHa-Neul & Kwone Sang-Woo makes a good on-screen couple...