Mysterians - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mysterians Reviews

August 4, 2008
The movie has pretty good effects, but somehow it never got to draw me in as much as most of the other Toho movies from the same period. Not a bad movie, but also not a particularly thrilling movie.
May 26, 2008
goes into history with the first godzilla 1954 and war of the worlds the first one
½ May 5, 2008
This is an OK movie.
½ March 10, 2008
The movie that would set the bar for all of the alien invasion subplots seen in the Godzilla series. There are some really fantastic lines in this, and by fantastic I mean goofy as fuck. My only real problem is the short amount of screen time given to Moguera.
March 4, 2008
Awesome Toho invasion. When an alien race asks for a piece of land two miles in radius and a few Earthen women, kick their ass back into space.
February 13, 2008
one of the best works from toho. earth defense force dubbed the mysterians had a great storyline and cast. the main cast like kenji sahara & akihiko hirata are awesome actors. i recommend this film. watch it in the original jap language.
½ February 10, 2008
Cheesy Toho SF epic from the 50s. Fun movie if you're into this sort of thing, which I am. there are 2 sort of sequals: Battle in Outer Space and War in Space.
½ January 18, 2008
Great silly scifi fun
December 16, 2007
oh God. Japan versus the mysterious Mysterians from the planet Mysteroid. A lot of thought went into this one.
½ November 27, 2007
The standard '50s Toho mix of astonishing special effects, crummy special effects and slightly dizzy plot. I recommend it, both for MST purposes and rounding out a Toho education.
November 8, 2007
Horny douchebag aliens in technicolor motorcycle helmets invade the Earth, terribly-built giant robots in tow, demanding a small tract of land and breeding rights, or else! See it to believe it, kids.
½ September 29, 2007
Fun sci-fi from Toho's legendary director Ishiro Honda. Featuring Moguera, the giant killer robot, who really should have had more screen time if you ask me.
½ September 6, 2007
This is a very entertaining (if silly) sci-fi flick from the fine folks at Toho. The combat scenes are drawn out and can become tedious, but otherwise it held my interest. The musical score is really cool.
½ August 5, 2007
Ishiro Honda's tale of alien invasion tries very hard but ultimately comes up a bit short. Humanoid aliens arrive in Japan and demonstrate their techniological superiority by sending Mogera, their giant robot, on a rampage through rural Japan. The robot is very quickly dispatched by the Japanese military, but now the aliens have Earth'sd attention. Their demands are simple; they want a stretch of land 2 miles in radius--and to be allowed to marry our women! Understandably, Japan is not about to accept these terms. The film is certainly entertaining, but in the end it just never quite lives up to its potential promise. There are no major city destruction set pieces apart from some destroyed villages and the battles between Earth's military and the aliens are almost woefully brief. Mogera, while an interesting concept, is much too goofy a design and only appears twice in the film and is quickly destroyed in both appearances. The film is entertaining, certainly, but just not as good as it could have been.
July 10, 2007
Another Japanese b-flick from the late 50's as the Earth battles the Mysterians who want to kidnap our women to breed.
June 8, 2007
Another fantasic classic film from Toho.
½ April 19, 2007
Another childhood favourite that has not lost an ounce of its appeal. For years it made me think aliens look like Asian people!