Mysteries of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mysteries of Egypt Reviews

December 6, 2012
I saw this in the 7 story IMAX theatre located next to the California Science Center in Los Angeles and was very impressed with the nature photography of the Nile and the swooping and panning about the ruins of Egypt. The story and dialogue, however, featuring an aristocratic Omar Sharif gently lecturing a little girl about the "curse" of King Tut was pretty corny. There is also a reenactment of the discovery of King Tut's tomb done in sepia tones which is fairly dramatic and well done. A little bit of history and some gorgeous scenery are the highlights of this short film which has a unique interpretation of ancient Egyptian civilization.
January 22, 2011
Mysteries of Egypt is a magnificent documentary.
January 17, 2011
Mysteries of Egypt is a magnificent documentary.
November 9, 2010
This one has some glorious cinematography of the Egyptian tombs and deserts with some amazing footage caught here. Also it contains some notes and scenes on the marvelous discovery of King Tut which happens to be the best preserved and most intact pharaonic tomb ever found in the Valley of the Kings. Running only at 38 minutes, it was not enough for me. On the lookout for more documentaries on ancient Egypt.
November 9, 2010
½ February 4, 2010
When I was in 7th grade, me and my classmates at the time went to see this in an IMAX theater as part of a field trip.
June 8, 2008
Cool cinematography and history about Egypt.
November 2, 2007
I hope Omar had the good sense to retire after this snoozer.
½ September 1, 2007
Nice dizzying flyover of the Pyramids and the Sphinx. It needs to be seen on an IMAX screen, otherwise it's like a little National Geographic snooze-fest documentary.
July 5, 2007
i love the soundtrack "When you believed in MIRACLE" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
June 17, 2007
What can I say? I'm all about the Omar Shariff!
June 12, 2007
i,m egyptions i love egypt

very much
May 22, 2007
Would be cool..I thinkl it's about Egypt. Never seened it before...
April 19, 2007
actually yeas im egyption but i dont know what the mysteries of egypt lol some on gonna to tell me
September 25, 2006
omar shrif is from my country and speaking about my county in this film just see it
June 9, 2006
Sounds like something I'm into.
April 26, 2006
This has a lot of information, but isn't presented in the most interesting way.