Mysteries of Egypt Reviews

• Apr 03, 2017

Some of Egyptian history sunk in. I could have used more detail about Egypt in general instead of all the hype about the curse of the tomb. Could have used less of Omar Sharif and the little girl. In fact, could have done without the girl at all.

• Dec 06, 2012

I saw this in the 7 story IMAX theatre located next to the California Science Center in Los Angeles and was very impressed with the nature photography of the Nile and the swooping and panning about the ruins of Egypt. The story and dialogue, however, featuring an aristocratic Omar Sharif gently lecturing a little girl about the "curse" of King Tut was pretty corny. There is also a reenactment of the discovery of King Tut's tomb done in sepia tones which is fairly dramatic and well done. A little bit of history and some gorgeous scenery are the highlights of this short film which has a unique interpretation of ancient Egyptian civilization.

• Jan 22, 2011

• Jan 17, 2011

• Oct 29, 2010

This one has some glorious cinematography of the Egyptian tombs and deserts with some amazing footage caught here. Also it contains some notes and scenes on the marvelous discovery of King Tut which happens to be the best preserved and most intact pharaonic tomb ever found in the Valley of the Kings. Running only at 38 minutes, it was not enough for me. On the lookout for more documentaries on ancient Egypt.

• Oct 29, 2010

• Jun 08, 2008

Cool cinematography and history about Egypt.

Cool cinematography and history about Egypt.

• Oct 04, 2007

When I was in 7th grade, me and my classmates at the time went to see this in an IMAX theater as part of a field trip.

• Lafe F Super Reviewer
    Sep 01, 2007

Nice dizzying flyover of the Pyramids and the Sphinx. It needs to be seen on an IMAX screen, otherwise it's like a little National Geographic snooze-fest documentary.

• Jul 05, 2007

i love the soundtrack "When you believed in MIRACLE" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey