Mystery, Alaska - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mystery, Alaska Reviews

July 24, 2016
7/23/2016: I'm not a hockey fan, but this was a pretty good movie. He had a good plot and a good cast.
½ May 9, 2016
I love this Movie and I don't watch hockey.
April 17, 2016
Rocky on ice. Its just good fun.
March 1, 2016
If you don't like this movie, you need to seek help. The locker room scene in the third period alone is one of the top ten inspirational scenes ever filmed. I would give this movie 6 stars.
August 8, 2015
A weak sports movie. It starts off really slow. The end game had my attention, but the movie doesn't jell as a whole. It was also much more vulgar than anticipated and desired. (First and only viewing - 8/6/2015)
½ May 26, 2015
The build up to the big game just bored the crap out of me.
February 28, 2015
pretty good! loved the comic relief and the drama. this really could be a tv series, with all the hidden secrets with this hockey town!
February 8, 2014
one of my favorite movie
February 3, 2014
We watch this movie every Christmas kind of our own holiday tradition. I usually end up watching Mystery at least three times a year total. Fun and full of character drama. A must see, but it is certainly not a family film.
½ January 19, 2014
I 'usually' trust RT when we rent movies on the Apple TV. You were WAY off on this one. It was very good, real, well, shot, offbeat but compelling, believable story. I rate it higher than Slap Shot which until today i thought was the best hockey movie ever made. Don't rate it for how 'real' the hockey looks rate it for how you feel after watching it.
November 3, 2013
i lived in anchorage Ak. from 84 to 2001, i dated a hockey player john an i miss him lots he went in military long time ago an came backed an died: first week 'i love an miss his brother mike I luv an miss very much, i thank u, luv hockey an will always have in my heart
½ September 20, 2013
Cinematography & Editing - 7
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 7
How much I enjoyed it personally - 5
July 1, 2013
Rise up & beat the ny rangers. Very inspiring being a hockey player and thinking any strong team can go big .
April 15, 2013
3/5 Better than your usual sports movie, still cheesy though.
March 24, 2013
Teh best movie ou will ever see!
½ February 24, 2013
Feels more made-for-TV than Hollywood, and it's a simple story with unremarkable script, but it stands up over time -- the environment, the men, their wives, and the overall view of life that sucks you into the story and makes you wish it were true.
December 19, 2012
Cute movie. If u like the replacements but add real drama.
December 8, 2012
this movie is the rocky of hockey
November 15, 2012
You've seen this a hundred times and it ain't fresh here. Move on...
½ October 20, 2012
This was meant to be fun and it was. I was entertained and laughed and was moved at the right times. Don't like hockey but the movie made it fun.