Mystery Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mystery Men Reviews

August 13, 2015
Mystery Men is an overstretched, indistinct, unrestrained bouncy castle of a movie.
July 28, 2015
I love this stupid little movie. Critics (and even a large portion of the film's cast!) trashed it, but I think it's a fine spoof of superhero flicks. This one has a well-deserved cult following, of which I"m a proud member. Now I'm going back to community college.
June 19, 2015
Still wacky,silly, and occasionally romantic. This has some mishaps like the generic costumes, Special effects, and SFX. But all in all Ben Stiller makes this an accurate, funny quest to defeat evil.
June 13, 2015
If you have a passing knowledge of comic book superheroes you'll find this satire hysterical. It seems that all of the superhero powers are lampooned hysterically.
½ June 6, 2015
Delightfully cartoonish and fun to watch.
June 1, 2015
One of the best movies all time! Cult classics! Original story not a remake..
½ May 26, 2015
Goes for the joke but there is no flow to the action and the story falls rather flat.
½ May 18, 2015
Even though realising it's a 1999 film, NO!
½ May 15, 2015
Absolutely TERRIBLE. Yes I watched it. All the way through, argh
April 26, 2015
Like Batman and Robin - except it knows it's a joke. Big difference!
March 26, 2015
the first half seems like a comedy movie but the rest turns into a stereotypical superhero movie with an strange amount of absurdness
February 26, 2015
Had me laughing mostly throughout the entire show. Smart and original with a humorous plot.
January 28, 2015
For a comedy it's often light on comedy but there are some truly great scenes which elevate it above the mess. Full review later.
January 26, 2015
A mildly funny take on the superhero genre.
½ October 31, 2014
Some laughs, but mostly an idiotic ordeal.
½ October 29, 2014
cast gr8 makes this one go
½ September 16, 2014
Awful movie with a worse soundtrack.
½ September 16, 2014
An excellent satiric take on superheroes.....probably closer to reality than the usual ones!
½ September 2, 2014
It's nothing spectacular, but Mystery Men benefits from confident direction, a witty script, originality and good performances from it's likable cast members.