The Myth Of The American Sleepover - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Myth Of The American Sleepover Reviews

½ August 4, 2013
No idea why it took me so long to see it, but, I absolutely loved it.
August 3, 2013
Boring and dull. I just waited for it to be over.
May 16, 2013
how i can to see the movie
February 22, 2013
Boring slow and just not worth it
February 16, 2013
I found that even though their was multiple storylines they were all developed well, I will say that the storyline should be more developed but overall a great film
½ January 25, 2013
Incredibly enjoyable and relevant to my own life in many ways. It had that special resonance with me.
½ January 23, 2013
Generic, seen-it-all-before American High school film. Some nice naturalistic performances from the cast, but ultimastely it's quite disappointing in its lack of storyline.
January 8, 2013
Somewhat nostalgic flick but the pace is so slow that it drags and becomes somewhat boring.
½ January 2, 2013
This movie made me feel warm at the end. Very interesting stories and likable characters and the actors (who are all unexperienced) are gifted natural actors. My rating: 3 stars out of 4 stars.
½ December 22, 2012
Real teenagers doing what teenagers do. None of this 20 something aged actors trying to portray a teen. Not a lot going on here, we just get a one night glimpse into the life of some of the kids in this generation.
December 16, 2012
Flat and unbelievable from start to finish.
November 24, 2012
I enjoyed this movie, it's a story about a teenager trying to find his dream girl in one night. Strangely entertaining.
November 8, 2012
Guess you'd have to be 15 to appreciate this movie. DRAGGGGGGGing and a teenager movie if ou can believe that
October 21, 2012
All the cringe worthy bits being younger in a well directed movie
October 20, 2012
Dull beginning, super dull middle, nice ending though. I suppose it's a successful film because you feel like you're at one of those never-ending-boring-as-hell-all-night parties whilst watching it, which I think is the point of the film...
½ August 24, 2012
The best true American indie I've watched since The Exploding Girl. Tender and heartfelt, with great performances.
½ August 1, 2012
Solid cast, suspect acting, boring plot. Stereotypical teenage drinking movie filled with coincidence. Shining moments come from when Brett Jacobsen as college dropout "Scott", bordeline stalks the twins played by Nikita and Jade Ramsey. Not only is super-relatable, but it's pretty down to earth. After experiencing a breakup Scott feels empty, in every way shape and form, and falls back to his high school career where he shared a "moment" with the twins. It shows how far we are willing to go to feel better when we're down, hell if I hardly knew those twins, I would've driven across the earth. One surprising thing I noticed, was the lack of sexual explicitness. We all know raging hormones mixed with alcohol would allow us to do more than kissing.
July 30, 2012
A charming little indie, but it never really gets off the ground. It's more content to just loll along, which works for the dreamy nostalgia, but hampers the intended angst in this coming-of-age tale.
July 24, 2012
Silly, cute, and super fun: I really, really enjoyed this movie. The characters were mostly real, aside from being so friggin' CHILL all the time. They frequently did the things I was heckling/cheering them on to do, which was special in that it was so unexpected. I highly recommend.
½ July 1, 2012
It gets an A for effort and originality. A breezy teen dramedy with a heart, that doesn't pander or demean the loss of adolescence. This SXSW darling was a critical favorite, but for me it is strange and hard to swallow at times. With characters and dialogue seeming so out of left field, and inexplicable actions, that just left me bewildered. A promising debut, however.