Mythica: the Darkspore Reviews

• Jan 09, 2019

Liked the first one better but a nice continuation.

Liked the first one better but a nice continuation.

• Oct 06, 2018

A slightly better installment than the previous [first] movie. The folks who are going to complain about the special effects are ones who didn't grow up with the Ray Harryhausen movies and are a bit spoiled by modern CGI efforts like The Hobbit trilogy. But compared with the fantasy fare of the 80's this is a solid effort, both in terms of writing, acting and visuals. Yes, the props could look a bit more 'realistic' and the fight choreography is wanting, but if you just want to sit back and watch a D&D adventure play out on screen this is not a bad afternoon's entertainment with a bowl of popcorn.

• Apr 09, 2018

Loved this movie Lots of fun.

Loved this movie Lots of fun.

• Mar 07, 2018

Felt like a filler doesn't have the charm of the first one

Felt like a filler doesn't have the charm of the first one

• Sep 01, 2017

The second in a Mythica series. I'm a NetFlix member and stumbled across the Mythica movies and starting watching them in order. The second movie is similar to the first installment. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to those looking for a watchable sword and sorcery movie. I'll watch the rest of the series. I like these "limited budget" movies as they aren't overwhelmed by special effects. I also enjoyed the extra features section on the DVD.

• Jan 29, 2017

Low budget but surprisingly adept fantasy. Some cheesy writing and the fact that you're obviously meant to watch several films for the entire plot lets it down a bit.

• Oct 22, 2016

Part two of four (as of the time I write this). While not as lively as the first, it still serves as a fun afternoon distraction for fans of the tabletop fantasy genre.

• Sep 18, 2016

D&D to the hilt. It's not a well made or well written film but it's definitely a labour of love from some people who have a great fondness and vision for the story they want to tell, and their enthusiasm is contagious. I quite enjoyed it. Oh, and that dragon is hilarious.

• May 02, 2016

A great idea for what could have been an engaging story, is completely destroyed by terrible acting and awful cinematography, for goodness sake don't spend money on this film.

• Mar 24, 2016