Postmen in the Mountains (Nashan naren nagou) Reviews

• Dec 22, 2016

Long time since I watched perfect drama. Every father, son, everyone who values human relation must watch this movie.

• Feb 26, 2012

An extremely simple yet powerful film that is destined to become a classic in near future...

• Jul 19, 2011

if you like long journeys, landscapes and a simple story.

if you like long journeys, landscapes and a simple story.

• Lesley N Super Reviewer
    Mar 25, 2011

Simple meditative film about a father handing over the reigns of his postman job to his son during one last journey through the Hunan mountains. A lovely film, enough to make you envy them their day job and the scenery and cinematography are stunning. HIghly recommended for people who like walking.

• Jan 28, 2011

å...'子æ±è'-ç¶è¦ªéæ²³çä¸å¹ï 1/4令人æå<~~樸實ç¡è¯çé>»å 1/2±ï 1/4æ人çæ'°çç¶å­æ...ã,å 1/4å 3/4-ä¸ç<åç< !

• Dec 24, 2010

ohh i loved those landscapes. i'd live there too for the rest of my life *

ohh i loved those landscapes. i'd live there too for the rest of my life *

• Mar 05, 2010

The movie held my attention for its brief running time, but its overly sentimental script and telegraphed 'message' was a little too much for my cynical ass to stomach. If you enjoy weepy sentimentality, go for it, this is for you. Me, I found the whole thing tiresome.

• Feb 16, 2010

Awesome cinematography, symbolism, and at times the story is very emotional and touching, but it seems like 60% of the film is just watching them walk through the mountains, which gets very dull.

• Feb 15, 2010

Brilliant. Simple, and yet so complex and deep in its examination of a relationship between father and son, of responsibility, of growing into a man, of duty, etc. The subtitles on the DVD I had were laughably horrible, and yet the movie is so good, the acting so sublime, and the flashbacks so effective that even struggling to figure out the barely decipherable Engrish subs you can understand exactly what is going on with a depth that words couldn't add anything to. I rarely ever cry during a movie, but this made me tear up more than once. Basic premise: a mountain postman is getting old, his knees are going bad, so his 24yo son is going to take over his route. He takes is son through walking three days through the mountains to deliver the mail, and show his son the route and the job. But he is also showing his son the path to adulthood, attempting to overcome the estrangement of always being away from home on the mailroute while his son grew up without his presence, and we explore love, family, duty, work, the tensions of modernity, and so much more. Wonderful film. A movie like this reminds me of Jack Mccarthy bemoaning overdone and overly complex poetry, emphasizing just how HARD it is to make something really complex appear to be so simple. This movie is like that. It is pure and devastating simplicity. The kind of film you could watch forever.

• Dec 01, 2009

山路綿綿, 走了一趟郵路,兒子漸漸明白父親的那份堅持...送出的何止信件, 當中還夾著無限溫情...山上人的純樸..尤如不分你我的親人..一路走來,兒子..父親和狗狗竟譜成一首生命的交響曲..好感人! 一幅幅美麗的畫面,加上一串串人性的感動! 好看呀!!