The Naked Monster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Naked Monster Reviews

½ November 25, 2011
Bad puns and loads of homage paid to past monster movies and their casts - and those are the good parts.
½ July 23, 2009
The Naked Monster is a movie that leaves me torn between wanting to viciously maul it with rating it poorly, and wanting to praise it for its ingeniousness. First of all, taking many, many clips from countless monster movies from the past several decades, The Naked Monster pays homage to those films by creating a tongue-in-cheek, completely over-the-top, moronic, silly tribute. The story concerns a new monster that has formed via shooting starts, earthquakes, etc, and is now wreaking havoc all across the world (including places that magically have the White House right next to the Statue of Liberty). This film is pure, 200% camp. It's riddled with bad acting, bad editing, bad effects, bad continuity, and bad storytelling. However, if you toughen up and attempt to watch this incredibly bad film, you'll find yourself laughing out loud at several moments, because the humor actually manages to work more times than not. Also, we are treated to a bevy of cameos, which is basically the make up of the ENTIRE cast, though I will say most movie watchers will not recognize any of them; just us nerds. Another plus would be the delightful treat of seeing cult scream queens Brinke Stevens and Linnea Quigley showing off the titties in intentionally unnecessary scenes. The low-budget overall badness of this film will draw most away, but there is that small number of us who will dare to watch this disasterpiece.
March 21, 2013
There is no "Riley Hawk" in the movie. I've no idea why Brinke Stevens and Cathy Cahn are both credited as "director." They're IN the movie, but they didn't direct it.
½ February 26, 2013
dios mio amo las peliculas de mounstruos gigantes pero esto es completamente HORRENDO no la vean no la vean para nada
November 24, 2012
Bonkers, low budget homage to sci-fi of the 1950s and 60s which makes use of lots of footage from these films and with a loads of cameo appearances from the stars of the era, some of them reprising characters they played decades before, including Robert Cornthwaite, Les Tremayne, John Agar, Robert Clarke, Ann Robinson, Lori Nelson and Kenneth Tobey as Colonel Pat Hendry. Forrest J Ackerman, John Harmon, Bob Burns, Linnea Quigley and Paul Marco also appear. It's downright terrible for the most part, but made with great affection for a lost era of movies.
½ November 25, 2011
November 6, 2010
There were some decent attempts at humor, and it was great to see all the creature feature stars of yesteryear but ultimately a pretty weak spoof.
½ July 23, 2009
November 7, 2007
I'll pass on this one.
½ November 5, 2007
A gigantic monster (big, dumb and cheap looking) is devastating America - what do the authorities do? Ask folks to phone in with their suggestions for killing it, thats what! This leads to all manner of nonsense - people from other films saying `well this worked against our monster!`. Interesting and funny premise as well as cameo`s from some of the stars of the films that are actually being sent up make this well worth a look.