Nancy Reviews

• Mar 24, 2020

This movie is absolutely awful. It actually has some decent actors in it, but they're never given the option to show their talent. The main character is a completely talentless actress that probably got this role by "other means" if you know what I mean. This movie stinks so bad. What a waste of time!! A perfect example of horrible moviemaking.

• Oct 07, 2019

Riseborough is terrific in this intriguing psychological drama. Not for everyone with its slow pacing and melancholic atmospherics. But I was drawn in and thoroughly engrossed to the end.

• Sep 23, 2019

Very good film. Definitely worth a watch.

Very good film. Definitely worth a watch.

• Aug 10, 2019

Loved it! Andrea Riseborough is superb! So captivating. Already admired her, but she's just shot up even further in my estimation. Probably my favourite actress right now. And the film is so good too. It's so sweet and bleak and Nancy is such a twisted, sad but lovable character. And the story is a really interesting and clever one and it was filmed very well, with class and good pace and timing and sensitivity. Really, one the best movies I've seen in a long time.

• Jul 28, 2019

Not a fan of this. It leaves so many questions unanswered and not in a good way that makes you think about it a lot afterward. It's more along the lines of, "Oh... that's it?" It's an extremely slow burn. It's a drama, s don't be misled thinking you're in for a thriller.

• Jun 15, 2019

Good movie, but finished weak in my opinion. I think they could of just as easily went the other way in the story for a better and more dramatic ending.

• May 11, 2019

There's a fine line between delightfully ambiguous and inscrutably enigmatic, and this atmospheric but mostly unresolved mood piece tilts more toward the latter. This is one of those films where the audience keeps waiting for a big reveal that never really comes, leaving viewers with an unsatisfied appetite. To be sure, the film features fine performances across the board, but it's unfortunate that the talent wasn't given more to work with here. I'd usually say wait for DVD for a release like this, but that's where I saw it and still wouldn't recommend it.

• Mar 11, 2019

Nancy fabricates personas in order to relate with life. And when one of them is a long lost daughter - things get tricky. And sad.

• Feb 08, 2019

Kept me interested. Good story.

Kept me interested. Good story.

• Jan 26, 2019

Movie night with Iris. Interesting debut with strong performances and a compelling tale. This could have gone down a darker, criminal route but wisely doesn't. It stays downbeat, and oddly touching.