Nancy Drew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nancy Drew Reviews

½ May 28, 2014
Entertaining but just ok. Emma Roberts plays a cute, clumsy Nancy Drew. I pictured Drew as a more intelligent and put together person.
May 24, 2014
Interesting story but a very lame execution
May 22, 2014
Emma Roberts is so adorable as Nancy Drew!
April 21, 2014
It's a really good mystery solving movie I love watching it. Even though its a 2007 movie release it won't get boring no matter how many times you watch it.
April 16, 2014
It's not quite Agatha Christie standard, but this is simply an adolescent version of a Miss Marple. The tone of the film is what is wrong here aimed at a young audience with little for adults to enjoy from it.
February 8, 2014
The books are much better and more exciting. I like Emma Roberts but everything else could've been done better.
January 18, 2014
Enjoyed the sets, but that was about it. I personally do not believe that this movie really captured the magic of the nancy drew series.
December 29, 2013
Meant for kids. Light hearted, predictable, and fun.
December 7, 2013
Being a loyalist kind of fan of the books, I expected a lot more from this movie. It was cute and a good one-time watch... but I really wanted more from this. It wasn't creepy or suspenseful like the books were. I seriously doubt the people who acted in this movie even read the books, seriously. If they do the Hardy Boys and mess it up like they did with this... *grumble*
November 30, 2013
I always like a good mystery, but what's up with the Glee-type trying-to-fit-in sideplot? It would have been more interesting if she had the help of her best friends. Nonetheless, a good attempt at reviving a classic.
November 16, 2013
The 70s series was better.
November 16, 2013
Emma Roberts is bubbly and charming as Nancy Drew, the junior detective. But despite her best efforts, Nancy Drew still lacks excitement, surprise, and compelling secondary characters.
September 28, 2013
Scenically photographed childrens sleuth that puts adults to shame. Characterization is larger than life which makes this a fun drama. Music is timely and creepy and adds to the general ambiance. It has really good acting moments that are truly special, then the odd bad one. Overall its a sweet film. Nibbles: Scrambled Eggs on Toast.
July 16, 2013
Nancy Drew?!?!?!? Ahhh the books of my childhood
½ June 30, 2013
As a Drew fan, I didn't mind this film too much on it's own. The mystery was interesting, and the characters were fun, but it just wasn't Nancy Drew. The franchise has yet to get a good successful screen adaptation, and I admit it would be hard to do it set in the present time (early 30s or early 60s would be best). A TV series would also work better than a movie (the 70s show was a good effort, but still no cigar).
½ June 17, 2013
I love this movie! One of my favorites
June 10, 2013
Emma Roberts is great in this role.
½ May 28, 2013
that was just cute~! she is so little
½ April 29, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.
April 25, 2013
pretty nice and interesting teenager movie.. easy to watch.