Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase Reviews

• May 23, 2020

Sophia Lillis' strong performance in It raised my excitement level for this when picked for our families movie night. Unfortunately it fell far short of my expectations. I get that this movie was made with children in mind, but that doesn't excuse the quality here. The acting was a mixed bag. Linda Lavin and several of the young actors (including Lillis) were compelling. They did a good job bringing their characters to life. That wasn't the case for the majority of the cast. I don't think that falls solely on the backs of the actors. The writing here was terrible and it's incredible that anyone was able salvage something. The title was problematic as it gives away a huge plot piece in what's supposed to be a child's mystery. The whole build up to the haunted house and the encounter itself is wasted as it's clear what's happening. This won't be a series I'll be continuing.

• Apr 25, 2020

a different portrayal of Nancy Drew, but still fun.

a different portrayal of Nancy Drew, but still fun.

• Feb 08, 2020

It was cute. Not the greatest movie I've ever seen but it really made me want to read the book again. Watching this I remembered how I felt reading the book the first time. I hadn't gotten that feeling in awhile.

• Jan 30, 2020

Loved the film Sophia Lillian is an excellent choice as Nancy drew. Can't wait to see the next film

• Jan 26, 2020

I love the movie and the actors and actresses. But, Nancy Drew doesn't skateboard. Overall, it was a good movie.

• Jan 11, 2020

Not a Nancy Drew person but the movie is actually pretty good.

Not a Nancy Drew person but the movie is actually pretty good.

• Dec 30, 2019

Great casting. I hope they make more.

Great casting. I hope they make more.

• Dec 06, 2019

A faithful yet revamped and modern version of the old-school tale, newcomer Sophia Lillis proves strong as the quirky and rebellious lead as new girl, Nancy Drew. Not entirely sold on the change from Nancy Drew's perfectionist and softer nature to a character more rebellious and outcasted. Though certainly more relatable to a modern audience, it shy's away from everything we know to be "Nancy Drew".

• Nov 03, 2019

Perfectly fine mystery with a winning cast; Sophia Lillis is a winning modern-day Nancy Drew with plenty of spunk

• Nov 03, 2019

I liked everything about this movie. the acting was great, cast was talented and believable, sets wer awesome and interesting. Good plot. Well directed