Nanny McPhee Returns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nanny McPhee Returns Reviews

July 2, 2016
Rather bland and charmless, for grown-ups at least, unlike the original.
April 4, 2016
Probably not better than the first, but still charming
April 3, 2016
I can't help it. I need a Nanny McPhee in my life.
September 24, 2015
I didn't like the first Nanny McPhee nor do I remember it enough to review it, but for some reason I loved this movie. It was a fun family film and there was charm to spare. Emma Tompson is perfect in this role and the rest of the cast is great as well. This will please the entire family and it's a must-see for fans of fun family films.
½ September 12, 2015
I was expecting this to be somewhat naff but if I remember correctly, I quite enjoyed it.
September 7, 2015
The piglet dance was too adorable! The animated animals was major plus point.
½ August 14, 2015
It maybe cute and kids will like this just as much as the first one, but ultimately it is disappointing and stupid. Emma Thompson shouldn't have starred in this film, the first film is a whole lot better than this. The best thing that can be said about this sequel is that it made me laugh at times but I often ended up forgetting those laughs as I was focusing on how bad this film is. Such a big disappointment. Thank goodness a third film wasn't made.
March 5, 2015
The original was better
½ December 18, 2014
Not as good as the first but enjoyable nonetheless
½ November 3, 2014
Well acted, some twists and turns, interesting, but worst than first
½ November 3, 2014
Well acted, some twists and turns, interesting, but worst than first
November 2, 2014
The first movie was awesome but this one is terrible. Why make it a sequel????? Why? Ok movie
October 24, 2014
I have seen the whole thing... ...and I loved it!!!
October 5, 2014
One of the best films I've seen
September 1, 2014
Yep movie for kids and family. A lot of magic.
August 31, 2014
Throwback to the books of yesteryear.
August 22, 2014
Yeah, not a fan of these movies. Emma Thompson, though, is fantastic in these movies!
½ August 9, 2014
I really did enjoy this more than I thought I would
½ July 23, 2014
There are kids' movies that make the adults feel silly. There are silly movies that make the adults feel like kids. "Nanny McPhee Returns" is the latter. Well, maybe terming it "Silly" may be too harsh, after all it is a fantasy. There is a unique element that sweetens the whole experience: Warmth. (Aided by effective scores) The scene when the pigs do synchronised swimming is the icing on the cake.
½ July 10, 2014
Not as good as the first, the animals make it funnier