Nate and Hayes Reviews

• Mar 19, 2018

Classic! A young TLJ in one of his - in my opinion - best action flicks. Loved it when I was a kid, love it now.

• Oct 30, 2017

Might have been alright but why does Tommy Lee Jones always look like he's about to burst out in tears even when playing tough guy. Pull it together Tommy. Can't stand to watch you sobbing all the time.

• Aug 12, 2017

Not a great movie but one that's hard not to enjoy! This John Hughes written, Tommy Lee Jones starring, Indiana Jones inspired, Pirates of the Caribbean inspiring swashbuckler really is a rollicking good time. Tommy Lee Jones is so damn charming! I expected to be absolutely horrid but as Indy rip offs go, this one ain't half bad.

• Apr 02, 2016

A great rollicking adventure, amazing action, amazing actors, probably one of the finest films ever produced. Above all though, the locations were phenomenal - someone has done their recces. Buzzy/10

• Jan 23, 2014

This movie is silly but a lot of fun. Highly recommend it. :)

This movie is silly but a lot of fun. Highly recommend it. :)

• Mar 18, 2013

Sympathique film de pirates porte par un Tommy Lee Jones en pleine forme constituant un bon duo avec Michael O'Keefe, Nate & Hayes n'a pas vraiment autre chose a apporter, tant le film manque d'originalite. Efficace et divertissant, rien de plus. La musique de Trevor Jones est particulierement reussie.

• Oct 27, 2012

Unimaginatively titled adventure film that consistently fell short of its own seemingly grand aspirations. I never really cared what happened to any of the main characters. Subpar to even most of the Italian adventure films of the time that tried to capitalize on the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• Jul 11, 2012

A forgotten and under-appreciated gem, with a fairly young Tommy Lee Jones in the lead. As far as pirate movies go, it's pretty darn entertaining.

• May 18, 2012

• May 13, 2012

Made before Tommy Lee Jones became a big star it was quite obviously the inspiration for Pirates of the Caribbean. It was released in the UK under the title SAVAGE ISLANDS but in some places it was called NATE & HAYES. However, shame on Paramount for not exploiting it better.