Cattle Call (National Lampoon's Cattle Call) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cattle Call (National Lampoon's Cattle Call) Reviews

½ August 15, 2015
Garbage... pure garbage! Casting American Pie's Thomas Ian Nicholas, Baywatch's Nicole Eggert, and cartoon voice expert and Oswald from The Drew Carey Show, Diedrich Bader doesn't mean a film will be funny. No, this is a terrible film in soooo many ways.
I get the concept and it has potential for some funny but between the terrible casting, writing, and lame production, Cattle Call just ends up being a true waste of everything involved... including my time.
October 5, 2012
Yes, it's an inconsequential piece of fluff and yes National Lampoon is really hit or miss (mostly miss in my opinion, excepting those treasures that are Animal House and the Vacation/Griswold movies), but I actually thought this was pretty funny. It's not breaking any new ground, but it does have great cast, decent story, some good laughs, and some lovely ladies. Great filler when you have an hour and a half to kill.
March 26, 2012
Mediocre at best. Possibly the worst National Lampoon movie I've seen.
March 10, 2012
Can I give zero stars? Awful. All the production values of my Dad's home moves from 1966. And hello, makeup? Every actor is shiney.
½ January 17, 2012
Wasn't bad, kind of an average movie.
xtremeandy
½ July 4, 2011
When I read the Plot it was sold for me as a funny interesting movie and boy was I wrong! The premise of the movie was good; it was just the movie itself that was bad and the exposition of it too. You're thinking, "National Lampoon"? It must be funny! No. It's not funny. No laughs, no chuckles, certainly no guffaws. It's not even mildly interesting.

This is essentially a one joke movie, and the joke is unoriginal, redundant, and boring. Most of the crude efforts for a laugh totally misfire, and the overly simplistic script simply has nowhere to go. The entire film seems tired from beginning to end. Throw in the towel early, because essentially you will not miss anything you haven't seen before.

Three deadbeats set up a fake casting agency. Using very little or no money. I think they also tried to do the movie this way! They rent a studio-like office and convince hundreds of desperate women that their stupid questions about sex and men have some connection to a movie audition.

They get caught out and are sodomized by some butch lesbians with electrical implements, charged with fraud, go to trial, then, in one night, magically pull together some bits and pieces of video-tape, sufficient to convince a judge it was for real all along.

Oh, and the main deadbeat gets the beautiful girl anyway. That actually sums it up!

Diedrich Bader had a very weak performance in this movie and Thomas Ian Nicholas showed me again why there really isn't anything special about him. Although there were a few times where I laughed, the romantic parts felt like I was watching a bad TV-movie. If I were you, I would approach this movie with caution; you'll like it if you're a die-hard National Lampoon fan you'll be disappointed.

In Los Angeles, three guys with limited social lives hatch a plan to meet women: they'll issue a casting call for an independent film, interview actresses, and ask out the ones who interest them. Glenn is a nerd, but he has the office. Sherman has the idea - he's a hound, happy to lie, eager to meet and bed as many women as he can fool. Richie, who owns the camera, hopes to meet his true love. Within a few days, he's fallen for Marina Dell, new in town, with a boyfriend back east; Glenn is ga-ga for Laurel, and Sherman can't say no to the eager and adventurous Nikita. But how long can they sustain the fiction, and what about real feelings?

A guy starts a fake casting agency in hopes that he will meet his soul mate.
July 3, 2011
A very poor low budget comedy with Thomas Ian Nicholas of American Pie. It has a few familiar faces, but this is just a rather odd film. It tries to be a bit cheeky and border on a sex comedy but fails pretty bad. Some scenes are just totally random?! Stick to the American Pie series or some of the better known comedies of recent years for more laughs.
June 24, 2011
I am done with watching National Lampoon's movies.
½ November 9, 2010
For a T&A film, this is uninspiringly bland. Barely funny with a sappy conclusion.
October 28, 2010
Can I give this movie 0%? its about a 4%. Not even so bad its good. Just really nothing at all.
May 16, 2010
National Lampoon continues to deliver low-scale, unfunny direct-to-DVD crap, and Cattle Call is no exception. Cattle Call has best friends Thomas Ian Nicholas (American Pie trilogy), newcomer Andrew Katos, and Diedrick Bader (The Drew Carey Show) comes together to hold fake casting calls for a fake movie in order to meet and score with hot women. Naturally, they all find some winners and losers. Some fall in love, while some cause trouble, eventually leading to the discovery of your shady scandal, where they get in trouble, but try to redeem themselves and blah, blah, blah. A good 95% of this film's "comedy" is just downright awful. Most of the women are nice to look at, and some decent titties pop up here and there, unfortunately those titties do not belong to Chelsea Handler (of the Chelsea Lately show) nor Nicole Eggert (of Baywatch) who I would have love to seen both naked. There are only a couple of redeeming moments, specifically a scene involving TV/cartoon legend Jonathan Winters (in a genuinely funny role) and some courtroom banter between the judge, D.A., and public defender that is also genuinely funny. The rest of this movie bites the big one. In fact, a more appropriate name would have been National Lampoon's Cattle Shit. Waste of time movie.
May 1, 2010
Very cute little romantic romp. The cast is pretty funny.
½ November 27, 2009
Not much to say here. All around pretty bad film. The acting seemed to be ok, but the movie itself was not. When the movie started, I felt like I missed another movie telling me what it was about. The whole concept of the film just was pretty bad. I miss it was National Lampoon use to make good movies.
½ November 12, 2009
Two of the main ladies, Mollen and Handler, are ok. Bader is supposed to be an awkward creepy character, but he succeeds too much in this, while failing to be funny. The normal recent National Lampoon habit of giving us flat stereotypes and sex sex sex.
½ November 11, 2009
October 17, 2009
Watched online. Was actually pretty good.
½ October 9, 2009
Extraordinarily shit. Not even mildly entertaining on any level. How sad that this is from the same stable as the mighty Animal House.
September 30, 2009
Thomas Ian Nicholas (American Pie) and 2 friends start a fake casting agency to meet their "soul mates". After they have some fun with these actresses, things start getting out of hand and of course, he falls for the one girl, who is new to the Hollywood scene. Jenny Mollen plays this role very well and is very cute, but it doesn't help the overall plot of the movie. National Lampoon's movies are getting worse and worse...

Awful movie that I never should have rented...
September 11, 2009
it has its funny moments. i liked the ending