National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Reviews

June 11, 2016
Just like the first movie, this movie is great. This is a great movie everyone will love and makes a great Christmas classic. A+
½ June 8, 2016
As if Christmas isn't already busy, Clark and his family get invaded by the entire family to stay at his & Ellen's home in Breckenridge, Co. Cousin Eddie is a real gas and uncle Louis is a riot! Worth the time to watch and laugh at the one-liners from all involved!
½ May 28, 2016
A must see at least every third Christmas.
½ May 26, 2016
The Griswold's host Christmas in this silly, if thin plotted comedy.
May 17, 2016
Family favorite, we watch it many times every Christmas
March 27, 2016
Clark Griswald makes the holidays a little less stressing knowing there is his Christmas but great movie to get you in the spirit and understand the true meaning of Christmas
March 19, 2016
Never get sick of this movie....love...love...love it
½ March 12, 2016
One of the funniest Christmas movies ever made. A classic that will be watched for decades to come.
½ February 19, 2016
Entertaining, but it gets annoying when Griswold is so blinded by wanting all of his family to be around for Christmas, that he completely ignores how the family is causing most of the problem. If I was Griswold, I'd kick them out of the house and spend Christmas with just my wife and kids.
½ February 14, 2016
Christmas Vacation is a very good holiday treat.
½ January 16, 2016
It's funny and is certainly one of the better movies in the Vacation series. I wouldn't say it is a holiday favorite, but it's something I can watch every few years. (First viewing - Late teen years)
January 14, 2016
From roasted Christmas trees to electrified cats and exploding sewers, this film offers on all ends. While the moralic side might be slightly swayed whereas the heart of Christmas does not lie in the gift of giving, but in that of receiving (a large Christmas bonus check), it is more of a disaster comedy than a Christmas film. Hilarious the first time and still funny the second.
Although not the Lampoon's most charming performance, still worth a watching every once in a while.
½ January 11, 2016
A bit sloppy at times, but still a hilarious holiday classic.
½ January 5, 2016
I'm late but this was funny.
December 30, 2015
Never stop laughing at this one
December 26, 2015
An excellent, absolute classic instalment to the vacation series. Christmas vacation is a chaotic, accident prone christmas caper. Chevy chase once again delivers the laughs as the hapless clark griswold. A brilliant yuletide comedy cracker.
December 25, 2015
A Christmas classic, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is one part raunchy and two parts a conventional Christmas film that emphasizes the annoyance and frustration experienced throughout the holiday season. Very fun to watch and a must for any collection.
½ December 25, 2015
Genuinely funny continuation of the Griswold family's permanently doomed determination to have a great vacation. What lifts it is John Hughes' witty script and the deadpan playing of the cast, led by Chevy Chase's psychotically cheerful Griswold. A great film to watch if you're stressed out by Christmas.
December 25, 2015
Classic. A must-see every christmas.
December 25, 2015
Chevy Chase at the top of his crazy game (next to Fletch). This movie captures the family hell of holidays like no other. The movie has heart a midst the slapstick and sarcasm. Clark Griswold is just trying to give his family a nice Christmas. If you give me the choice between this film or "It's a Wonderful Life..." I'm going to choose this movie.