National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 Reviews

• Mar 30, 2021

Loved it! Reminded me of the old "Flying High" movies. Very silly and very funny. Loved seeing Scotty and Kirk as well. Thumbs Up 👍🏼

• Feb 28, 2021

The funniest crime comedy (spoof) ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funniest crime comedy (spoof) ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jan 29, 2021

Honestly, this movie is dated for its time, but it has spoof galore that should warrant it higher marks. It had fun watching it (in theatres in 93 and today on streaming), it made me laugh at the sheer over camp of it all. If you didn't live in that generation you wouldn't get half the jokes. Rodger and Egbert weren't the best at movie rating and often overlooked certain films based on their inflated egos. While this might have been a low brow comedy film, it still did cause a good chuckle out of the viewing audience. At best... it's a three out of five. Nostalgic and spoofed enough to make it so.

• Sep 01, 2020

It has its moments, but I've seen it done better. Kathy Ireland and Denise Richards were surprises, not to mention all the cameos.

• Aug 29, 2020

One of the best spoofs out there. Absolutely hilarious.

One of the best spoofs out there. Absolutely hilarious.

• Aug 14, 2020

This comedy spoof was alright. Emilio Estevez, Samuel L. Jackson, William Shatner, Kathy Ireland, and the rest of the cast did a decent job in this movie. The plot to the movie was goofy, peculiar, and ridiculous. It's just a Lethal Weapon movie only it wasn't very entertaining and the story was pretty dull. If you haven't seen this movie yet, don't waste your time. It's not worth watching.

• Jul 10, 2020

1993: A loose cannon cop is paired with a straight-laced cop. They investigate the murder of the straight-laced cop's former partner and discover a plot to distribute cocaine under the cover of a cookies from a girl organization. This is another of those parody comedies that spoofs several films, including "Lethal Weapon" (of course), "The Silence of the Lambs", "Basic Instinct", and "Wayne's World", among others. OK effort, watchable, sometimes veered into too much parody and not enough plot. Mostly funny, though, but no rival to the "The Naked Gun" series. Stars: Emilio Estevez, Samuel L. Jackson, Jon Lovitz, Tim Curry, Kathy Ireland, and William Shatner.

• Jul 09, 2020

rarely do the jokes land.

rarely do the jokes land.

• Jun 16, 2020

Half way through the film, I ejected the tape and broke the vhs over my knee. This movie really sucks and inspires only violence. Do not watch.

• Apr 03, 2020

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 is a ridiculous, cliched, low-brow, screwball comedy. And yet I find it absolutely hilarious. This spoof of popular 90s movies is a time capsule of pop culture references, and yet it features jokes that still land today. I'm not saying this is great cinema—it's not—I'm just saying that this film somehow hits my funny bone.