National Lampoon's Movie Madness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Movie Madness Reviews

½ January 14, 2015
Three short films: "Growing Yourself", "Success Wanted" & "Municipalians" crammed into one feature. The first two were very funny, but the last one was a hit and miss. The shorts are meant to lampoon Family Drama's, Revenge Stories and Cop Movies. I thought it was pretty funny. Well, the first two shorts were. The last one was a dud.
January 25, 2012
I managed to watch this film a while back on TV. I found National Lampoon's Movie Madness or Goes to the Movies to be a very weak film and bemusing most of the time. It felt like there was no effort in it whatsoever. There are three stories which I cannot remember them thoroughly, but here goes nothing. One story involves a guy and nothing really happens. The second one was comical with a gold digger and an unfaithful man. Finally, the third one shows how being a young rookie naïve cop sucks. There was scarce laughing in all of these although I liked the second story had its moments. Movie Madness has been forgotten and will stay forgotten. I will give it another shot if the opportunity comes.
½ January 2, 2012
Sometimes National Lampoon make some great movies like Animal House & Vacation & sometimes they have some real shitfests like European Vacation & Loaded Weapon. Movie Madness isn't as horrid as some of their stuff gets but it is a bit of a mess that its comedy often falls silent. It's too bad because it has a really good cast. Divided into 3 segments the last is probably the best (but that might be because I was getting a bit over tired & was more susceptible to its idiocy) w/ Robby Benson as a rookie cop who hasn't been jaded by the street crime yet & Christopher Lloyd who kills & leaves a copy of his driver's license @ the scene of the crime. It makes up for the weakness of the previous two segments but I do have to admit that Teresa Ganzel & Ann Dusenberry's sugar boobies don't make those a complete wash either
September 19, 2011
I take back saying that Slime City is the worst movie ever. Just google "Teresa Ganzel" and save 89 minutes.
July 10, 2011
Pretty lame and unfunny comedy. It only gets one star for having a pretty spectacular cast. Not knowing what to expect, I did have some fun being surprised by who showed up next. You get people like Diane Lane if before-they-were-famous parts, but you also get everyone from respectable Hollywood types like Richard Widmark to obscure character actors like Joe Spinell. However, that still doesn't make this film worth watching. The stars only made the film bearable.
August 7, 2010
It needed to be done and even though the jokes were a little off they said what needed to be said. I just wish they were written and executed a little better.
½ May 15, 2010
Insipid movie. Barely released in 1981, with Nat Lamp magazine trying to score again with all the money they made from Animal House.

A disgrace of a movie. Directed by Henry Jaglom !!! Amazingly, this movies stars Diane Lane, Peter Reigert, Richard Widmark, Christopher Lloyd, Candy Clark, Robert Culp, Robby Benson, and Fred Willard !!! The mind reels at why they signed up for this sludge. Probably a fat paycheck.

Film is comprised of three movie" spoofs" lined up to create one steaming pile of crapola. Spoofs of police drams, Harold Robbins sex pot boilers, and personal growth films. A fourth disaster movie spoof was filmed, but cut out because even the filmmakers thought it so bad it was unreleasable.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
February 3, 2010
The only somewhat funny segment is the Growing Yourself with Peter Riegert..the other two stories are to stupid to mention.
December 24, 2009
i had no idea what was going on. i understood nothing. and i liked it.
November 23, 2009
Suprisingly good & better then I was expecting
August 28, 2009
Not great but entertaining enough!
½ August 18, 2009
Truly abysmal comedy is a dud from the National Lampoon factory and almost completely devoid of laughs. A few talented performers - including Richard Widmark, Christopher Lloyd, Julie Kavner, and Fred Willard - are wasted in small roles, while most of the cast is made up of annoying, forgettable nobodies. Something to be avoided at all costs.
½ May 2, 2009
Would give it lower but I cant
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
½ January 30, 2009
This script got screwed up, read Karp's A Futile and Stupid Gesture.
½ January 19, 2009
Amazingly unfunny throughout. On the other hand, it does have Robby Benson singing "Feelings."
December 21, 2008
[b]It should be re-titled "National Lampoon's Movie [u]Sadness[/u]" ...nothing funny here![/b]
½ November 27, 2008
This movie is terrible. Not funny at all - skip at all costs.
½ November 19, 2008
By all means, one of the worst movies ever made. It's a good thing the Academy Awards didn't hear of this movie when they gave Olympia Dukakis an Oscar for Moonstruck. This is a terrible movie. They must have written the script over night and been feeding the actors the lines off screen, because everyone acts in this movie as if they are doing a first time read through. Fred Willard, Dukakis, Robert Culp, Diane Lane, Peter Riegert, Robby Benson, Richard Widmark, Julie Kavner and Christopher Lloyd must have all needed the money. Otherwise they would have stayed as far away from this movie as possible. I hate to say this, but if this movie didn't have any nudity in it, it wouldn't be worth watching at all. This may be the first time in movie history where nudity is very much needed.
½ August 20, 2008
haha i saw Diane lane in this she was sooo cute.

but the movie was crap to be honest
½ May 8, 2008
I had one problem with this comedy: It wasn't funny. Definitely one of the worst comedies I have ever seen.