National Security - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Security Reviews

½ April 11, 2014
This movie shows how Martin Lawrence is so raciest. He's stand-up is the same way. Never really liked the guy. Hate this movie because of that.
April 9, 2014
A terrible excuse for a comedy and a disappointment considering the leading actors. For some reason I have tried watching this a few times and it only gets worse with each viewing. (First viewing - Teen years)
½ February 6, 2014
I thought it was funny. some ppl these days.
January 26, 2014
its a really good funny movie
½ January 12, 2014
Just a laugh a minute, nothing serious no real story line.
½ January 5, 2014
No, he's allowed to make all those prejudiced comments. It's not racist if they're white...
½ November 11, 2013
Martin Lawrence wants to be a cop, but is kicked out of the academy when he blows up a car. Steve Zahn is put in jail when he is attempting to catch a bee but is filmed to look like he is beating Lawrence. He gets a job as a security guard and one day a break in occurs and Zahn happens to respond. That leads them onto a search of a case where they are the only ones who can catch the bad guys. It has its moments, but not quite enough to make it fully enjoyable. Better than expected, but not quite good, but close
October 10, 2013
Laughter all the way as the American dreams come collapsing down around the head of one very silly cop. Stunts are well directed and filmed making the timing it just perfect for the actors to bring fun to the screen. The raciest misunderstanding makes for jolly comedy that has one laughing all over the floor. Nibbles: Battered Sausage and chips.
October 8, 2013
LAPD reject and major troublemaker Earl (Martin Lawrence) got L.A. cop Hank (Steve Zahn) kicked off the force for brutality. Now, these two guys who can't stand each other, are stuck working together as lowly security guards. And they're playing cops to bring down a smuggling ring-if they can stay alive and stay one step ahead of the real cops.

also stars Colm Fecre, Bill Dukes, Eric Roberts, Timothy Busfield, Robinne Lee, Matt McCoy and Brett Cullen.

directed by Dennis Dugan.
October 7, 2013
la solita commedia zoppa, con un Martin Lawrence stufo di vedere in queste buddy-comedy
August 28, 2013
Hank is a cop who's partner got shot and killed during a stakeout and Earl gets kicked out of the police academy. Earl locks his keys inside his car and is reaching in to try to get them when hank stops him and accuses him of trying to steal the car. A bee is flying around them while they are arguing and earl is allergic he gets stung by the bee but accuses hank of police brutality and says he gets beat up by hank. Hank gets sent to prison and when he gets out lands a job as a security guard. While still chasing the guys that shot his partner he is after them when he runs into earl again who ALSO is a security guard and while they can't stand each other they team up and go after the bad guys. I thought Steve zahn and Martin Lawrence team up was great. They worked off each other real well and gave us a bunch of good laughs. It gives us a good story, good laughs and decent action scenes. Dennis Dugan directed this who also directed good comedies like HAPPY GILMORE and BIG DADDY which are two great movies and he continues his great comedy experiences with this fun filled movie. National security is defiantly worth the watch especially for its good action and great laughs and is filled with entertainment.
June 27, 2013
A cliche buddy cop film with various humorous moments from Lawrence
½ June 16, 2013
Absolutely hilarious.
½ April 15, 2013
I watched this movie by accident at HBO. quite good and entertaining but if you a guy who worried about details like me, this movie is not for you.
March 31, 2013
Amusing. Stupid in places.
March 7, 2013
"Earl Montgomery" (Martin Lawrence) accuses LAPD officer "Hank Rafferty" (Steve Zahn) of police brutality. Even though his alleged injuries actually resulted in a bee sting.

"Rafferty" spends six months for the crime he did not commit and accidentally bumps into "Montgomery" while investigating the murder of his partner -- even though he has been kicked off the force. And to make things worse, he works as a security guard for the same security company as "Montgomery".

The two reluctantly team-up to chase what turns out to be smugglers, lead by a man simply known as "Kane" (Eric Roberts).

This movie only produces a few chuckles, and even fewer laughs. The majority of the jokes are racially motivated, and may be offensive by some. I found the physical humor more funny in fact.

I did not find Lawrence and Zahn a perfect on-screen duo. Their chemistry appeared a bit forced at times. They also didn't seem too believable when doing the dialogue.

Personally, I did not think either Zahn or Lawrence were all that funny. I was really annoyed by Lawrence's catchphrase for this movie, mostly because it butchers the English language.

Another problem with this film was the lack of character development on many key supporting characters. I especially did not like the way the villains were developed. Roberts will never get out of his sister's shadow if he continues to accept roles like this.

The music were mostly current hip hop. Because I do not listen to that particular genre, I couldn't tell you many of the performers even if I saw their name in the closing credits.

There is some pretty good action in this movie. However, the action is pretty much typical, and nothing stands out as something spectacular and memorable.

If you like Lawrence (I don't believe I've seen Zahn before), then you would like this. But, if you are easily offended by racially motivated jokes, then this one is one to skip over. I would not suggest this for any "Must See" list, nor would I see this for a second time.
February 18, 2013
Martin Lawrence is fantastic in this kind of hapless role, comedy genius, add Steve Zahn into the mix and the film is a riot, both play well alongside each other, good plot line, good gags
January 24, 2013
An innocent racial joke here and there is funny once in a while, but not when you're bombarded with one every two minutes.
January 22, 2013
Blah. Would have rather stood in line at the DOT than spent time watching this garbage.