National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

June 11, 2017
It had the same flow as the first one but the villan's motives were more stupid.
½ June 7, 2017
It sort of goes without saying that the plot progression is rather preposterous, but that doesn't stop this sequel from retaining the same entertaining, adventurous fun that made the first one a guilty pleasure.
½ June 1, 2017
One was fun...two is a bit much. It feels the same as the first but adds new characters that don't work and ends up being a little too derivative to succeed.
½ May 2, 2017
A gripping adventure. Very similar in style to the first movie, and I am happy for that. I love the historical fantasy aspect. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 21, 2017
A fun watch with some nice special effects, but the main reason to watch it is Helen Mirren.
April 8, 2017
4/8/2017 (2):A pretty good adventure movie. Not as good as the first film, but still good.
March 4, 2017
I'm gonna have to say no one this one. I really wanted to like it too. It was way too similar to the first in my opinion.
February 26, 2017
A little more predictable and cliche than the first Natl Treasure. But still enjoyable overall.
February 5, 2017
Fun movie to watch when you have nothing else to do.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
Good entertaining movie
December 23, 2016
Ok adventurous sequel starring Nic cage because everything back then had Nic cage in it. But this movie did surprise me and it's ok Ness that it was. Going into this movie I thought that it would be garbage because I loved the first movie but nope it's ok. The beginning/ 1 hour and a half was long and boring, too much blah blah blah then boom when they reach the mountain where the treasure is was awesome and the scene where the water goes into the lost city of gold or whatever, it was cheesy when the one bald guy betrays them but then becomes good again in 2 minutes, like what, is that supposed to be the bad guy, well if it is, worst bad guy ever. The plot of Nic cage has to save a civil war guy and prove that he's innocent and the adventure / journey he and his gang have to go through to get to their destination.
½ November 12, 2016
Bangers and mash! Bobbles and squeak! Smoked eel pie! HAGGIS!
October 23, 2016
The cage really brings it in this legendary sequel for the books. I had make sure my son wasn't watching this movie just to master-bate so I've only seen it 478 times with him so far. Really loved how cage went back to his roots and brought the raw and emotional acting that this movie deserves. All the other actors are a little sub-par, but this is still a must see for anyone that loves America. I watched my boss sexual advance on a woman in the office today.
September 20, 2016
Doesn't even start to compare to the first one! The story was dull, absolutely little to no depth in the story! The historical facts were a LOT fewer than the first one to a point this movie feels like a badly made adventure movie!
September 9, 2016
It does repeat the original and is a quit unrealistic. But it's interesting and funny.
I liked it.
September 6, 2016
i was funny movie and a unique story
September 6, 2016
It's alright, but not as good as the original
½ August 14, 2016
Sure Nicoles cage is pretty bad in this but I still loved it
June 27, 2016
This film starts off with the Lincoln assassination and Booth's diary pages being thrown onto the fire.  At Ben's lecture Mitch (Ed Harris up to no good as always) presents one of the missing pages and claims Ben's great grandfather was a co-conspirator in the assassination.  Ben with Riley Poole (masterfully played again by Justin Bartha) and Abby set off on an adventure to prove Great Grandpa's innocence by finding Cibola.  Their adventure begins in Paris then takes them to London (by far one of the funniest sequences in the film).  Ben pretends to be a drunk spouting out British slang by the mouthful (I wonder if the Brits found this funny) in an attempt to gain access to the Queen's Resolute Desk.  Once their task is complete Riley sets off the fire alarm and this brilliant dialogue takes place a guard shouts out "The fire alarm is going off!" cut to Riley "Uh-oh! God save the Queen!"  Priceless.  In the desk they find a piece of lumber with carvings that only one person can decipher Ben's mom, Emily (none other than The Queen herself Helen Mirrin).  Of course, Emily is not a fan of treasure hunting.  Their massive puzzle solving skills prove useful as through a series of sometimes silly circumstances (kidnapping the President anyone) they find Cibola.  Being a minor conspiracy theorist I was intrigued by the President's Book.  Supposedly this is a book passed down from president to president containing important presidential secrets only the President should know (ie. Area 51 and the like).  The current (fictitious film) President hid it in the Library of Congress.  Oh to visit that place one day!  Anyway not to get off on a tangent.  This flick is fun.  Riley is hilarious although his recap from the teaser is missing from the finished product.  Never fear I have it here: "So let's recap: We've broken into Buckingham Palace, and the Oval Office, stolen a page from the President's super-secret book, and actually kidnapped the President of the United States. What are we gonna do next, short-sheet the Pope's bed?"  Awesome.  I also found myself solving pieces of the mystery during the film though I found it unfair when some of the characters knew more than the audience.  Of course most of them hadn't read Riley's book either.  My recommendation is yes watch this flick.  It's good clean Disney fun that's not too cheesy.  Plus Harvey Keitel is in it.  You know you can't say no to that.  Hopefully whatever is on page 47 in the Book of Secrets is revealed in National Treasure 3.