National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

• Jun 16, 2019

National Treasure: Book of Secrets recycles plot points from the first film. Yet, unlike The Hangover: Part II, this movie doesn't feel like a shot-for-shot remake despite its repetition. If anything, it has the same flaws and strengths as the first film. The plot is stupid and improbable yet the adventure and camaraderie between actors are a lot of fun and there is some education to be had but, like Indiana Jones, it's in a fun way. Is National Treasure: Book of Secrets the Hangover II of adventure sequels (bad) or the Rocky II of them (surprisingly good)? You decide!

• May 02, 2019

Very similar to the first film, but still very enjoyable a lot of laughs to Ben has here, but not quite as many as the first. The soundtrack is just as good as the first one, if not better. Overall, it just seems to underperform it's prequel a little bit.

• Apr 06, 2019

We hit too many of the same notes in Book of Secrets, which bogs the whole thing down, still I enjoy the investigation aspects of the movie which due pull me through til the credits hit. Still for those seeking quality in their films see the first one.

• Jan 14, 2019

A very good movie all around with some cool shots and very fun story. This one is centered more around the civil war while the previous one was more about the revolutionary war. It makes a fun dynamic as it feels all knew. The villain has a purpose, and motivation along with the other characters except for maybe Riley. Still Justin Bartha does a fabulous job you will not even question why he hangs with Nicolas Cage's character as all the best comedy comes from him. Nicolas Cage along with others everyone once in awhile has a few slip ups but nothing too much to take you out of the movie. That and the fact that in some places in the story line the movie is very generic are my only complains because all together its a fun action, adventure, mystery, staring Nicolas Cage in 07 it cannot be too bad .

• Jan 10, 2019

I absolutely love these movies and hope they keep making more!

I absolutely love these movies and hope they keep making more!

• Nov 05, 2018

Not as good as the first, but it could've been worse.

Not as good as the first, but it could've been worse.

• Sep 12, 2018

these were all terrible, especially this one

these were all terrible, especially this one

• Jul 08, 2018

A case where a perfect ensemble cast are easily the most enjoyable part of a silly adventure sequel that tries hard to be a modern-day cut-rate Indiana Jones with lots more humor.

• Jun 17, 2018

A good easy to watch movie. Plenty to like about it, keeps you interested till the end. i like it as much if not more than the first film. Yes it's improbable and a little far fetched, but what movie isn't. So grab some snacks, sit back and enjoy

• May 11, 2018

Is it extremely similar to the first movie? Yeah. Does that bother me? not really.