National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

September 12, 2018
these were all terrible, especially this one
½ July 8, 2018
A case where a perfect ensemble cast are easily the most enjoyable part of a silly adventure sequel that tries hard to be a modern-day cut-rate Indiana Jones with lots more humor.
June 17, 2018
A good easy to watch movie. Plenty to like about it, keeps you interested till the end. i like it as much if not more than the first film. Yes it's improbable and a little far fetched, but what movie isn't. So grab some snacks, sit back and enjoy
May 11, 2018
Is it extremely similar to the first movie? Yeah. Does that bother me? not really.
April 6, 2018
Plot of National Treasure 3: Nicolas Cage looks for a national treasure only to realize he was the national treasure all along.
½ March 21, 2018
A boring, slow paced sequel, that really disappoints.
February 2, 2018
1/25/18 home dvd - given to R&J
Action-packed with humor. Would re-watch
December 26, 2017
a useless sequel that does everything that a terrible sequel normally does. lame, not exciting, not funny. the jokes got soooo cheesy. and the suspension of disbelief required is elevated several levels (about 2 viewings)
November 6, 2017
It's okay, but lacks some of the wit of its predecessor.
October 27, 2017
looks good! want to see if it is like the first one!!
August 17, 2017
The magic is gone but you'll enjoy the journey as the stakes get bigger along with the size of the cast and the issues surrounding this attempt to build a franchise.
½ August 6, 2017
Loved it. I like history movies even if they are fiction.
July 22, 2017
Come on people it's just an entertaining popcorn flick. Geez these reviews take things way too seriously. Just take the movie for what it is and you'll have a good time.
July 12, 2017
Still entertaining and puzzling, but also weighed down by a slow, dull plot and overcrowded cast.
½ July 2, 2017
What made the first "National Treasure" such a blast for me was the simplicity of the story and how self-aware it was. I feel the second entry still carries some of the same fun elements, but overall it's a lesser movie. I still enjoyed the story and really thought the opening scene was well executed. My main issue with this one is that the first half moves at a pretty sluggish pace and pretty much all of the action and thrilling moments are saved for the second half. If some of the earlier scenes were more compelling or shortened, this might have been a better movie. Nonetheless, fans of the first will definietly find family friendly enjoyment from this adventure.
June 11, 2017
It had the same flow as the first one but the villan's motives were more stupid.
½ June 7, 2017
It sort of goes without saying that the plot progression is rather preposterous, but that doesn't stop this sequel from retaining the same entertaining, adventurous fun that made the first one a guilty pleasure.
½ June 1, 2017
One was fun...two is a bit much. It feels the same as the first but adds new characters that don't work and ends up being a little too derivative to succeed.
½ May 2, 2017
A gripping adventure. Very similar in style to the first movie, and I am happy for that. I love the historical fantasy aspect. (First viewing - In my early twenties)