National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

September 20, 2016
Doesn't even start to compare to the first one! The story was dull, absolutely little to no depth in the story! The historical facts were a LOT fewer than the first one to a point this movie feels like a badly made adventure movie!
September 20, 2016
9/20/2016: A pretty good adventure movie. Not as good as the first film, but still good.
September 9, 2016
It does repeat the original and is a quit unrealistic. But it's interesting and funny.
I liked it.
September 6, 2016
i was funny movie and a unique story
September 6, 2016
It's alright, but not as good as the original
½ August 14, 2016
Sure Nicoles cage is pretty bad in this but I still loved it
June 27, 2016
This film starts off with the Lincoln assassination and Booth's diary pages being thrown onto the fire. At Ben's lecture Mitch (Ed Harris up to no good as always) presents one of the missing pages and claims Ben's great grandfather was a co-conspirator in the assassination. Ben with Riley Poole (masterfully played again by Justin Bartha) and Abby set off on an adventure to prove Great Grandpa's innocence by finding Cibola. Their adventure begins in Paris then takes them to London (by far one of the funniest sequences in the film). Ben pretends to be a drunk spouting out British slang by the mouthful (I wonder if the Brits found this funny) in an attempt to gain access to the Queen's Resolute Desk. Once their task is complete Riley sets off the fire alarm and this brilliant dialogue takes place a guard shouts out "The fire alarm is going off!" cut to Riley "Uh-oh! God save the Queen!" Priceless. In the desk they find a piece of lumber with carvings that only one person can decipher Ben's mom, Emily (none other than The Queen herself Helen Mirrin). Of course, Emily is not a fan of treasure hunting. Their massive puzzle solving skills prove useful as through a series of sometimes silly circumstances (kidnapping the President anyone) they find Cibola. Being a minor conspiracy theorist I was intrigued by the President's Book. Supposedly this is a book passed down from president to president containing important presidential secrets only the President should know (ie. Area 51 and the like). The current (fictitious film) President hid it in the Library of Congress. Oh to visit that place one day! Anyway not to get off on a tangent. This flick is fun. Riley is hilarious although his recap from the teaser is missing from the finished product. Never fear I have it here: "So let's recap: We've broken into Buckingham Palace, and the Oval Office, stolen a page from the President's super-secret book, and actually kidnapped the President of the United States. What are we gonna do next, short-sheet the Pope's bed?" Awesome. I also found myself solving pieces of the mystery during the film though I found it unfair when some of the characters knew more than the audience. Of course most of them hadn't read Riley's book either. My recommendation is yes watch this flick. It's good clean Disney fun that's not too cheesy. Plus Harvey Keitel is in it. You know you can't say no to that. Hopefully whatever is on page 47 in the Book of Secrets is revealed in National Treasure 3.
½ June 24, 2016
Not as good as the first one, but still interesting and very much worth watching.
½ May 27, 2016
It doesn't seem to keep your attention for awhile, it gets a bit interesting but than boring once again and keeps on repeating that cycle, till the movie is over.
½ May 7, 2016
Great follow up, I honestly wasn't sure how they were gonna pull off a sequel, but Disney found a way.
March 14, 2016
wasnt as good but amazing
March 13, 2016
Sweet movie! Comparable sequel
½ February 23, 2016
At the end of the day, while there really isn't anything remarkable going on other than a notably stupid narrative, the adventure stuff is serviceably entertaining.
February 14, 2016
Un classico esempio di minestra riscaldata, peccato.

La trama di questo film segue pari pari l'intreccio narrativo del suo predecessore e non mi ha regalato nulla di nuovo.
Anche il ritmo incalzante e le battute che tanto mi erano piaciute nel primo capitolo, qui si sono perdute, proprio come le pagine del diario di John Wilkes Booth.

Rimane comunque il fatto che un film ben realizzato tecnicamente parlando (trascurando la sceneggiatura), quindi mi sento di dargli la sufficienza.
½ February 12, 2016
Fun moments but not nearly as effective as the first. Just kind of rehashing what they did right in the first film.
February 7, 2016
Going to detain a man for enjoying his whis-KEY?
Yeah, Cage's antics were at least enjoyable (as always).
February 6, 2016
One of my biggest guilty pleasures. It's amazing.
January 28, 2016
Just as good as the first in getting you gripped into the film, Maybe not as clever as the first but still very good, Maybe sometimes hard to follow on how the clues are figured out but a very good sequel.
½ January 16, 2016
i can't wait for this movie. it looks awesome. i loved the first one!
January 15, 2016
The whole movie is copy-pasted from the first movie, which wasn't that good in the first place. Except this was worse and not as fun and less memorable. Waste of time.