National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

November 6, 2017
It's okay, but lacks some of the wit of its predecessor.
October 27, 2017
looks good! want to see if it is like the first one!!
August 17, 2017
The magic is gone but you'll enjoy the journey as the stakes get bigger along with the size of the cast and the issues surrounding this attempt to build a franchise.
½ August 6, 2017
Loved it. I like history movies even if they are fiction.
July 22, 2017
Come on people it's just an entertaining popcorn flick. Geez these reviews take things way too seriously. Just take the movie for what it is and you'll have a good time.
July 12, 2017
Still entertaining and puzzling, but also weighed down by a slow, dull plot and overcrowded cast.
½ July 2, 2017
What made the first "National Treasure" such a blast for me was the simplicity of the story and how self-aware it was. I feel the second entry still carries some of the same fun elements, but overall it's a lesser movie. I still enjoyed the story and really thought the opening scene was well executed. My main issue with this one is that the first half moves at a pretty sluggish pace and pretty much all of the action and thrilling moments are saved for the second half. If some of the earlier scenes were more compelling or shortened, this might have been a better movie. Nonetheless, fans of the first will definietly find family friendly enjoyment from this adventure.
June 11, 2017
It had the same flow as the first one but the villan's motives were more stupid.
½ June 7, 2017
It sort of goes without saying that the plot progression is rather preposterous, but that doesn't stop this sequel from retaining the same entertaining, adventurous fun that made the first one a guilty pleasure.
½ June 1, 2017
One was fun...two is a bit much. It feels the same as the first but adds new characters that don't work and ends up being a little too derivative to succeed.
½ May 2, 2017
A gripping adventure. Very similar in style to the first movie, and I am happy for that. I love the historical fantasy aspect. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 21, 2017
A fun watch with some nice special effects, but the main reason to watch it is Helen Mirren.
April 8, 2017
4/8/2017 (2):A pretty good adventure movie. Not as good as the first film, but still good.
March 4, 2017
I'm gonna have to say no one this one. I really wanted to like it too. It was way too similar to the first in my opinion.
February 26, 2017
A little more predictable and cliche than the first Natl Treasure. But still enjoyable overall.
February 5, 2017
Fun movie to watch when you have nothing else to do.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
Good entertaining movie
December 23, 2016
Ok adventurous sequel starring Nic cage because everything back then had Nic cage in it. But this movie did surprise me and it's ok Ness that it was. Going into this movie I thought that it would be garbage because I loved the first movie but nope it's ok. The beginning/ 1 hour and a half was long and boring, too much blah blah blah then boom when they reach the mountain where the treasure is was awesome and the scene where the water goes into the lost city of gold or whatever, it was cheesy when the one bald guy betrays them but then becomes good again in 2 minutes, like what, is that supposed to be the bad guy, well if it is, worst bad guy ever. The plot of Nic cage has to save a civil war guy and prove that he's innocent and the adventure / journey he and his gang have to go through to get to their destination.
½ November 12, 2016
Bangers and mash! Bobbles and squeak! Smoked eel pie! HAGGIS!