National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

December 13, 2015
Awesome pair of movies and today the rainy day i just laid back and watched them both
December 12, 2015
Pretty much the same thing but I may have liked it better then the first for some reason.
½ December 5, 2015
It's okay, but lacks some of the wit of its predecessor.
December 1, 2015
I'm interested to see how they will make a sequel to National Treasure.
November 22, 2015
Read my review of the first National Treasure
November 12, 2015
AS good as the first.
October 9, 2015
This time, we're stealing the President.
½ September 29, 2015
Watchable drivel if you're willing to overlook some gaping holes in the script.
September 7, 2015
Seem to may have used almost a similar structure, but it's more adventurous with thrilling bits and fun on the increased intrigue aspect and occasional humor while benefitting from not just Cage but the whole talented cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 26, 2015
possibly the dumbest film i've ever seen in my life haha it's like Indiana Jones for a home-schooled kid, an American home-schooled kid
August 21, 2015
I couldn't remember what happened in the first film other than saying to the kids as the opening scene of this unfolded, it's a bit like Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. That about sums it up and this is passable, if overly long, family fare.
August 17, 2015
I actually watched this film before its predecessor, and its still better.
August 12, 2015
The film opens up with 5 Days after Civil War ends, or suppose to have. Something goes down and the blame is put on Ben's (Cage) father or grandfather. So we assume our places whereby to free the father, they have to find the book and to find that we have to get the clues. Ben has to "Kidnap the President of the United States(Greenwood)". I found this sequel much better ACTION, however, the title of the sequel could be revisited as in the first one, they had a set goal of looking for a map, they found it, then the clues. Whereas this one they were looking for a Book of Secrets, BUT the clues were ELSEWHERE, meaning where was the need for the book? Music was wonderful a pleasure to listen to in the background. The President of the United States gives the crew a Presidential Pardon for Ben's grandfather . They were "accredited for this discovery".
½ August 10, 2015
Too much action for a treasure map movie
August 8, 2015
In true spirit of exploration movies before it such as Indiana Jones, Mummy and Tomb Raider, National Treasure rarely does anything different. That said, under the logo of Disney it does provide a very polished movie which can be enjoyed by all, especially parents. Book of Secrets has quite a lot going for it, including likeable characters, entertaining action sequences and quirky humour. I found the latter this movies strength, Nicholas Cages charisma offered something positive to the genre. The lead up to the treasure finding was better then the ending for sure but its a very enjoyable movie. The theme around Abraham Lincoln worked exceptionally well and gauged my interest instantly.
August 3, 2015
Even more far fetched than the original, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets still has the charm and wit as the original but is weighted down with uneven storytelling.
August 2, 2015
What I got to say about "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets" is that it a fine movie to watch. "It's fun, entertaining, funny moments and really good action packed sequences that are really cool to watch." The performances by the whole cast is good. The directing by Jon Turtletaub is good. The screenplay by Cormac Wibberly and Marianne Wibberley is fine. The cinematography is good. The score by Trevor Rabin is once again great as it was in the first movie. Finally, the effects in this one is good as well.
July 27, 2015
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. May be better than the 1st and anyone that thinks that Nicolas Cage cannot act need to have their movie-o-meter adjusted because this kept me on the edge of my seat.
½ July 14, 2015
Entertaining movie, not as good as the first one. It seemed like they re-used some of the first movie's sets.
July 4, 2015
Once again, we are confronted with a film with a story lacking in credibility and dialogue that is cringe-worthy at best, and yet is extremely enjoyable from start to finish.