Nativity! Reviews

• Apr 07, 2019

Naif con el toque de la BBC

Naif con el toque de la BBC

• Dec 26, 2018

The critic proof British Christmas hit, got to be honest this was about 20 times funnier than I thought it was going to be. I laughed out loud several times, I was engaged in the love story and I just about tolerated the last 20mins which is essentially like watching a nativity play yourself. This may have made it onto the annual Christmas film list in our house, thumbs up!

• Dec 23, 2018

Children singing is not for me and there was a lot of this, in this film.

Children singing is not for me and there was a lot of this, in this film.

• Dec 21, 2018

The Nativity series has been growing extremely tiresome and feels like they are making more for a cash grab despite these movies not making that much money at the box office. The strongest one is still the first one and it will never be topped for two reasons - the first reason is that the story actually serves a purpose due to it's messages about lying and the Christmas spirit and the second reason is because of it's originality as the title is actually fulfilled because the other films are not even about the Nativity story whereas this one is. Overall this film never ceases to entertain me and the whole cast are a ton of fun and they have humourous chemistry together. Despite the film being a low budget television movie disguised as a theatrical picture, there are some really well made scenes including scenes of well written dialogue and a well acted final Nativity performance where all the kids act there hearts out. The humour is frequent throughout and Mr Poppy is extremely bonkers and is always a joy to watch. Additionally, unlike the sequels, Mr Shakespeare actually has a reason to have a conflict with St. Bernadette's due to his past with Paul Maddens. Other great things include Martin Freeman's emotional performance as the teacher, Paul Maddens and Freeman portrays all his personality traits perfectly. Also the messages are really resonating and despite the fact that they are incredibly basic, they teach a valued lesson about lying. However, there are some flaws. For example, I never understood why Jennifer left Paul in the first place and I would of liked a lot more resolution at the end instead of an scene of exposition which showed an in depth scene as to what happened to Jennifer and Paul and what the critic actually thought of St. Bernadette's play. But, in the end, Nativity isn't quality filmmaking but the whole cast put all there effort into the feature and produce an extremely fun Christmas adventure with great messages behind the plot which is predictable but enjoyable.

• Dec 11, 2018

just a bit of fun that we should not over-analyse or review. JUST ENJOY IT!

just a bit of fun that we should not over-analyse or review. JUST ENJOY IT!

• Dec 06, 2018

Heart-warming festive fun. [7/10]

Heart-warming festive fun. [7/10]

• Oct 12, 2018

10 out of 10. Changed my life.

10 out of 10. Changed my life.

• Dec 06, 2017

Probably more heartfelt and entertaining because it has primary school children at the centre of it, but is otherwise quite an average film for its humour levels. It has a very feel good vibe to it with its festive theming but there feels a section missing from this film - We suddenly go from the kids being useless performers and the show being dropped, to all of a sudden it being a Hollywood like production with immaculate performance levels. A typically British movie but lacks any originality.

• Dec 23, 2016

Good natured fun, if you can suspend disbelief and it's the right time of the year!

• Dec 21, 2016

Absolutely incredible! I absolutely love this film and so do all of my mates it is the definition of christmas for us and is truly heart warming stuff!