Natural Selection Reviews

• Dec 10, 2020

I've seen Rachael Harris in movies before, but this is the first time her acting stood out to me. Not that she wasn't good before, but her roles never had much substance, at least not the movies I saw her in. The story wasn't my kind of story, too many twisted twists, that's why the low rating.

• Mar 22, 2020

Funny. Great screenplay. Rachel Harris' performance 5star.

Funny. Great screenplay. Rachel Harris' performance 5star.

• May 23, 2018

I can't even believe this movie received bad reviews. It's gritty, heartfelt, engaging and bitter-sweet. I loved every second of it. Rachel Harris is AMAZING and the dynamic between her and Matt O'Leary is so engaging.

• Sep 20, 2016

The Christian and the Criminal.

The Christian and the Criminal.

• Jun 10, 2015

Robbie Pickering's movie is truly odd. Whether it is the filmmaker's intention or simply accidental that it is so odd is not clear. Essentially it feels like it wants to be a twisted comedic "road trip" movie that veers so far off the road that it approaches being an eccentric character study. The problem is that NATURAL SELECTION fails to achieve either fully. But there is some sort of perplexing tone that makes it surprisingly interesting. I would rate this at the "3 Star" level, but Rachel Harris is so amazing in her role that she almost raises this movie to the level of experimental art. Rachel Harris has always stood out in anything she does, but here she is allowed to fully take command as the film as the leading character. She finds incredible ways of translating the "unbelievable" to "reality" -- In many ways, this movie is worth seeing because of what she does. Matt O'Leary's exceptional work should also be noted. While I think this film is more curiously interesting than rewarding entertainment -- it is Harris and O'Leary who transform the whole mess into something unexpected and surprising. As for Robbie Pickering, I am looking forward to see what he does with his still unreleased next film. He may prove to be an important and unique voice. ...or not.

• Jan 15, 2015

A wonderful little film. Lots of different kinds of love in strange places. Rachel Harris rules. Hey, look, it's Uncle Rico!

• Jul 31, 2014

year s/b 2011 not 2012

year s/b 2011 not 2012

• May 07, 2014

Never perfect, but full of tremendous performances, this film offer real depth and goes in unexpected places.

• Mar 01, 2014

It was so so. At the beginning it looked as if it might be very good, but then the story was a little odd and could have been designed better. Plus I wanted to meet the real son in the film, and I never did.

• Feb 11, 2014

A quirky coming of age story for someone old enough to be your mother! The chemistry between 2 polar opposites (Rachael Harris and Matt O'Leary) is what made this film brilliant!