Nature Calls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nature Calls Reviews

August 29, 2015
I found this movie to be okay it had its funny moments
April 7, 2015
To all you Patton Oswalt and Johnny Knoxville fans out there, this outdoors adventure movie will have you laughing. For those rainy days, a good scouts themed movie will brighten the day, sure it's rated R due to the language and a certain nude woman riding a motorcycle but she's only in a couple scenes.. I enjoyed it because it does have a good meaning behind it and plus it's always good to root for the underdog films that aren't well known. The slumber party scene is hilarious, got to check it out for yourself.
½ January 24, 2015
The epic fail of year 2012 !! I know Johnny Knoxville is a crazy guy but he must be really crazy to play in this dumb movie . If you are going to watch this you will probably be disappointed believe me .
November 17, 2014
This movie had potential with a great cast of comedy actors but unfortunately the poor writing and absurd plot drove it straight into the ground. Johnny Knoxville is usually always funny, but in Nature Calls his character is a jerk and the laughs from him all fell flat. They tried to bring a sentimental story in with a son trying to take his dying father out on one last camp out with the Boy Scout troop but it never developed into much. There were so many odd things about the film that it completely made me lose interest after each one. Nothing seemed to work out right, not the comedy, the story or the whole point of the movie and this one is better left unwatched.
½ September 5, 2014
The core story of this film is great. The writing lacks depth and is a bit childish especially for a rated-R film. The music is a somewhat corny and drowns out the actors and their lines quite a bit. I love Knoxville but it seemed like he was slightly out of his comfort zone as this character. Honestly this film would have went over much better as a children's film (minus the foul language and ill-advised jokes). The best part about this film was actor Rob Riggle. Even with the sub-par screenplay, Riggle gave me a few chuckles. All in all the movie seemed slightly half-assed but there was a somewhat feel-good conclusion to this movie and it is definitely worth the rent.
½ July 12, 2014
A pretty bad & boring film. Kind of shitty when a ''comedy'' doesn't make you laugh once.
½ May 11, 2014
Very poor movie overall, even with my low expectations this disappointed. Was hopeful that it would be entertaining with both Patton and Knoxville playing roles, but this may of been the worst film of either. Just not a lot of high quality comedy to be found anywhere near this flick.
March 14, 2014
To be fair Patton Oswalt plays his role with some conviction which helps the comedy, but ultimately it is a flawed exercise in humour out of a sibling rivalry.
January 29, 2014
Just watch bushwacked...
December 7, 2013
A one time watch. I thought it would of been funnier though.
November 3, 2013
A lot of unfunny parts, but some good stuff. It really captured the frustration of being an adult leader in the Boy Scouts, but had unnecessary inappropriate material that should not be associated with Scouts. Good actors though, and I expected more.
August 2, 2013
Even though Johnny Knoxville is always great in films, this one struggled to be great.
½ July 1, 2013
Worst movie ever! Seen some really bad movies, this one, well really really appealed to no one nor was fit for anyone to see whom it may have appealed to.
½ May 25, 2013
Chaotic mess with a few laughs.
½ May 14, 2013
We made it about 20 minutes into this one. Waste of time.
½ May 8, 2013
I'd write that it's the worst thing to happen to the Boy Scouts in quite some time, but the organization appears to have bigger fish to fry these days. Bad film just SKIP IT!!!
½ May 2, 2013
Obnoxious, idiotic, insanely misguided and almost purely hateful.
April 25, 2013
As a fan Oswalt, Knoxville, Riggle, Tierney and O'Neal, I enjoyed it. An alternative to Moonrise Kingdom.
April 16, 2013
Another absurd comedy that was over the top and tried too hard. Should have gone for pg rating and saved itself from obscurity pile.
April 12, 2013
The lack of an even remotely funny script is pretty glaring, not to mention the fact that this appears to be the same exact script as Bushwhacked, yet it somehow manages to make Bushwhacked look like comedic genius. This is a pretty unfortunate blip on Oswalt's resume, and, if he's going to be the leading man, he's much more suited to dark, twisted humor than stupid comedy like this. David G. Green's involvement is also very questionable, as I'm not sure why he'd lend his name to this piece of garbage in any way.